Ratings for Dr. Howard E. Herrell

Sent me to the ER from a botched GYN visit and then failed to take any responsibility for his mutilation involving scissors, living tissue, no anesthetic.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Herrell took care of me while pregnant and delivered my daughter. He has a wonderful bedside manner and takes the time needed with his patients.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

As many others have said before, doctor Howard is amazing at taking the time to listen to your problems. You never feel rushed! multiple times i have seen him and every time i've sat there asking many questions hes never got frustrated, and actually asked me when i finally quit asking question if i had any more questions for him. He is also very smart! He has done a recent surgery on me and all i can say is im having no problems! I did have a few questions for him a few days after the surgery (it was my first surgery ever) for concern, i called his office and he spoke to me directly instead of me talking to a nurse of his. He is excellent at making you feel comfortable!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I just want to say that just because people are Drs, does not mean they know everything. Although, i think Dr Herrell comes pretty close! I absolutely love Dr. Herrell. He is a busy dr, but always makes me feel like I am important and not just another patient. I like the fact that he will come in and sit down with me and takes the time to address any issues or concerns. I feel that he genuinely cares about his patients. I will be delivering soon and will be staying with him for all of my future needs. His nurses are always friendly and listen to my concerns as well. I think they give him a heads up on certain things, as he is always on top of everything. :) Thanks Doc for taking care of me!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Excellent doctor and he supports and encourages VBACs. I have had two successful vbacs after my first was csection. He really takes the time to listen to you and does a great job of explaining everything to you. Also it's not just his way or the highway like it is with some doctors. I really felt like my feelings and decisions carried weight and I felt in control of my care. He makes you feel like a valued patient, not just another number to be diagnosed and rushed through.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Great Doctor. Took the time to listen to all my concerns and discussed them at length. However, he needs a different staff. Rude and unprofessional is an understatement.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

I love Dr Herrell. Today was my first visit and he was so helpful! After years of trying to get pregnant he is the first to actually help me figure out what is going on. The nurse is a little rude but other than that I loved it and will go back for sure!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Dr. Herrell did not help me at all. I went to him for 1 year and 6months and just kept telling me I was fine when I cam in every 2 days. Guess he made a lot of money from me! I finally got my records and left then upon my 1st trip to a NP somewhere else (because I couldn't get in with a OB/GYN the day that I was having so many problems) she kept me in there for 2 hours but figured it out with the help of many other Dr.'s in the practice they finally figured it out! 4 months later I am still doing great! Thank goodness I finally have relief after 2 years of pain ! So glad I am so far so good! Dr. Herrel is AWFUL!! It is sad that a FNP can cure me and someone that "specializes" in the GYN field can't.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Dr. Herrell, did NOTHING to fix the problems I was having, i think honestly he just liked to see me in there becasue I was back every week for something. His nurse Susanne is also very rude. The front desk girls are nice though

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Herrell is a very good doctor he has helped be a lot, his nurse is very rude though. Just explain your problems to him and he will do his best to help. We are on the way to cure me hopefully fingers crossed!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Howard E. Herrell's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)