Ratings for Dr. Maria Pimentel-Alvarez

Dr. Pimentel has been very helpful and she has a great temperament. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I would not recommend her. After delivering my baby she missed retained placenta two times. After the second d and c for this she sent me home without checking on me and I had to rush back to the er for a blood transfusion. She did not manage my delivery well at all.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

As far as my OB care, I had no issues. I had continued using her as a gyn. I wish I hadn't. I missed a call on Thursday which was recommended that I make my annual appointment. Then on Saturday I receive a letter stating they have been unable to reach me for my abnormal results, which could result in serious medical complications... that was a year ago. I have had the same address and phone number since my first visit. Very unprofessional, call on Monday. The staff was very rude and almost yelling on the phone. Steer clear from this office.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I have had Dr. Pimentel as my primary OB/GYN since 2011 and only have wonderful things to say about her. She is low-key and pleasant during exams, and was very compassionate and empathethic during a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and premature birth of my son (born at 25 weeks). I will always remember that she took the time to come to the hospital and check on me even though she was not the doctor on call. I would highly recommend Dr. Pimentel

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Will never call you with test results, including mamos. Have to chase down nurse for days to get results.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012