Ratings for Dr. Michael Bowen

Totally the worst care my husband could possibly have received. Missed a very obvious late stage cancer. Shane could have possibly

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Dr. Bowen is my dad's doctor. My dad was diagnosed with esophagus cancer Aug 1 of 2014. I immediately thought of Cancer Treatment Centers of America, as did my sister. We are out of state, and wanted my dad to have the best of care. My dad was given a team of doctors, Dr. Bowen being one of them. My dad is a straight up kind of guy. He isn't fond of doctors as they never seem to be truly honest with their patients. My dad wants to know what is wrong, and how it is going to be treated. After meeting with Dr. Bowen, he was very impressed. Dr. Bowen was nothing but open and honest with my dad. Never gave him false hope, sat down with him and discussed the treatment plan.; told him what to expect; was very patient and answered all of my mom and dad's questions. Today, my dad is cancer free! Woohoo! Dr. Bowen's treatment was aggressive, and tailored to my dad's needs. Thank you so much Dr. Bowen.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Bowen is a very kind man. He treated me in 2005 with good results.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

This man is a money hungry, deceptive doctor. I'm an RN, and my husband works in oncology. My mother in law was diagnosed in January with Stage 4 lung cancer. She had no insurance, and at the first visit with this monster, she asked him about her prognosis. She had previously had cyber knife surgery to remove a metastasized tumor from her brain, and he told her that without treatment, she would have 4 months. She replied so I have 4 months?" He said, well, you treated the brain tumor already. If it comes back, we will not do any other treatment and refer you to hospice. At that moment, he reviewed a scan that revealed the cancer had spread to 5 other areas, but he refused to tell her that. After that, she got insurance. That's when it all went bad fast. My mother in law had cancer throughout 98% of her body. There was no point in doing treatment, and he NEVER GAVE HER A CHOICE. As soon as the scan came back (keeping in mind, if it had come back he had previously said she would go on hospice), he scheduled her for surgery to have a port placed, and had her go to a chemotherapy class. He ran every test, every scan he possibly could on her just to get the money. After 3 treatments, she developed neutropenic fever from the chemotherapy wiping out her immune system, and she went into the hospital with pneumonia. In the hospital, he had the audacity to refer her for more chemo and radiation. She was dying, and even on her death bed, he was still trying to make money off her. I asked the nurses why he was doing this, and they actually said that his nickname is "Keep em going Bowen." They informed me that he makes very questionable decisions very often, and they asked me to please write to the board of the hospital because they have complained about him multiple times and the hospital refuses to do anything about it. As my mother in law lay there dying, he came into the room and said he wanted to do more scans on her to see if the chemo was working. At that point, I asked him why he would possibly do that, because at this point it was obviously useless. EVEN THEN, HE REFUSED TO TELL US THAT SHE WAS DYING. He made a visit to her very early the next morning, and advised then that she go on hospice. She died 5 days later.My mother in law never knew how much time she had. "Dr." Bowen never told her, despite that being the most important thing she wanted to know. She lived the last few months of her life in misery, and thinking that she had much long than what she had. I use the day she got insurance, because from that point on, all she was to Bowen was money. He tortured her for money. Please, if you are reading this because you are in need of a good oncologist, do not choose Dr.Bowen. I'm not some uneducated individual that is mad about the recent death of my loved one. This happened 6 months ago, and although a lot of healing has taken place, there is still so much anger directed at that monster because of what he did to my mother in law.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Absolutely the best; very knowledgable and professional; his patients survive!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

My oncologist after diagnosis with Breast Cancer. I am very impressed with the staff at St Anthony Hospital -admissions, Dr Bowens office, chemo, phlebotomy and radiation oncology.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Wonderful and skilled physician. Dr. Bowen is a credit to his profession. He saved my husband's life and continues to care for him on a regular basis. His knowledge in the fields of oncology and hematology are unsurpassed.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr. Bowen was a life send for our family. I wish we would have taken my parents to him first but we trusted a local doctor by mistake. By the time Dr. Bowen got my parents care thru the emergency room at St. Anthonys my father was on his death bed and my mother ten short months later. Dr. Bowen was kind, assuring and up front, no sugar coating (which is great). All of his staff was fantastic and caring. I never worried about him not calling back or answering every little question I had and he always did it willingly. Dr. Bowen is a credit to his profession! Please research your doctors and your treatments or you may lose a family member that didn't need to die.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010