Ratings for Dr. Adrienne L. Richardson

Dr. Richardson was recommended to me by my primary ob/gyn who was going on leave. I was facing a surgical decision and Dr. Richardson was very thorough, informative, and understanding about my situation. I made the decision to go through with surgery and feel that I received excellent care from the time I walked into the hospital until my 6-week follow-up appointment. I was a bit reserved about not having my primary ob/gyn do the surgery, but I could not have asked for a more professional and thorough doctor to take her place. I would definitely recommend Dr. Richardson.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Very helpful, sensitive, and reasonable in her treatment approach. I can't agree at all with other reviewers...I've met some arrogant, dismissive doctors, and Dr. Richardson does not come close to this description.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I left Dr. Richardson's office in tears. Never in my life have I encountered such a condescending, rude, thoughtless provider. Dr. Richardson did not listen to me, and in the few brief moments that she did, she had a glazed-over look of boredom. During my short visit with Dr. Richardson, she called told me my thoughts were "crazy", told me my feelings weren't possible, and proceeded to recommend a treatment option that I was not comfortable with. I've worked in health care for the past 12 years, and am at appalled at the care I was offered. Not only will I not recommend anyone I know see Dr. Richardson, I will make an effort to make it public knowledge that she is a disgrace to the medical community.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

The staff at the Health Center for Women was great. Dr. Richardson was not. I have PCOS and was told that she was the doctor to see. Last time I had any tests related to PCOS was four years ago. When asked if we should re-exhibit the test she kept responding, "well that seems reasonable". I admit that I am overweight but I my diet is better than most people. However she said that it doesn't matter what I eat, just that I keep the calorie count low. While I understand consuming less calories than you burn will ultimately allow you to loose weight, I believe the type of food you eat is just as important. I will not be returning to see her again.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months and having unprotected sex for over a year before that.I recently had an ultrasound and found out that I have PCOS. This doctor was over an hour and a half late for my appointment and spent 10 mins with me. She wouldn't do any tests and brushed off my concerns. She told me that because I am "22 and not 42" that she wasn't worried and wanted us to try for another year. I was referred to her for also being at risk for endometriosis which see wouldn't even check for. When I asked what I should do for my extremely painful periods she said to take an ibuprofen(like I'd never thought of that before)! Such a waste of time, and absoultely no help! On the lookout for someone much more proactive!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr. Adrienne L. Richardson's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 2006)

GHI