Ratings for Dr. Carvell T. Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen did not listen to me or seem to take my concerns seriously. When he put me on an antibiotic that made me very ill, I called and they told me to "just keep taking it." Somehow, I was supposed to go to school and work and just put up with it. He acted annoyed when I returned to the office a month later when my symptoms had not gotten better, but worse. He never could figure out what the issue was, even though he didn't do too many tests to try to rule things out. he just kept giving me rounds of antibiotics, even though he said he found no infection. When I finally suggested a CT scan, he requested one, but acted put out. Then, it took him almost a week to give me the results, even though his secretary said the results were ready days before that. I'm not sure what his problem is, but he is very impatient, and has no empathy for people's pain. Early on, he kept saying "there may be nothing we can do." Even, though, he had barely even looked at anything yet.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013