Ratings for Dr. Marcia E. Rorty

I cannot imagine a better therapist out there. I first came to see Dr. Rorty by referral from a friend after phone screening another therapist who told me that I needed to be seen several times a week. I remember asking Dr. Rorty if that was the case with her and her response was, "What is your preference? What do you need?" This was emblematic of her sincere focus on my particular needs and her always looking to help me in the way that was most effective for me. I originally sought Dr. Rorty's assistance to discuss how to evaluate significant marital issues in a relationship which ultimately ended in divorce. She expertly guided me through a myriad of issues, and allowed me to make well informed decisions that made the most sense for me any my children. I later needed her assistance again to work through a horrendous breakup of a relationship which ended completely out of nowhere. Again, she was able to help guide me through just an awful, almost unbearable period in my life. Since that time, I will check in with Dr. Rorty from time to time to talk about things I need her advice on. I truly believe that the cost of my therapy with her over the years is the best money I have ever spent. Dr. Rorty is kind, intelligent and insightful, while at the same time very pragmatic and helpful. I have always found her advice to be incredibly useful. What more can you ask for?

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I have seen Dr. Rorty for over a year and my experience has been great! She is an empathic listener who is nonjudgemental and emotionally supportive. She is very knowledgeable, comforting and very warm. Since I've start seeing Dr. Rorty, my life turned to be better. I felt respected and taken seriously which she accomplished along with great warmth and attentiveness. She is very easy to talk to and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I have seen many psychologists over the past 40 years and Dr. Rorty is the best. She attended the top school for psychology (UCLA) and went to Harvard for her undergraduate. Her credentials speak for themselves but her sensitivity, empathy and years of experience go beyond what the best schools can teach. She devotes her energy to her patient's problems until she gets through and the patient sees the situation more clearly. She is incredibly perceptive and sees things that the unskilled individual can not see within themselves. Her sensitivity allows her to get the patient to a self realization without allowing their defensiveness to block their way. She is non judgemental, listens carefully to my issues and provides thought provoking comments. She provides a unique perspective and different views on my issues which allows me to grow and become a better person. I look forward to my sessions and always learn something about myself. I am so very grateful for her insights and help.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Two minutes before the end of a 1.5 hour initial session, where I revealed very intimate details about my life and past that I normally never would have unless I was in considerable distress and in need of help, she tells me "I don't understand what the problem is; I don't think I can help you". I have never walked out of a therapist's office feeling so dumb, rejected, and judged. What a waste of time. Maybe if she had spent more time listening to and looking at me rather than trying to write down every little detail I was saying (several times she made me repeat myself), then she might have understood.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013