Ratings for Dr. Bruce E. Katz

I went because of the reviews. I have a parent who had skin cancer. First they tried to give me another doctor rather than Katz. Katz only took seconds to scan my body and chose 2 arbitrary spots to test. A frontdesk staffer called me with the results and stated I have "pre-cancer". Not even the professional courtesy for the doctor to call me himself with a diagnosis of "pre-cancer". Immediately they wanted to do surgery. I declined on advice of my doctor who said "pre-cancer" is not legitimate.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I had laser tattoo removal at Juva and my experience each visit was great. The staff was always friendly and knowledgable. I have had 3 sessions on my all black tattoo and it is almost 100% gone. Great Doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr. Bruce Katz of Juva Skin and Laser Center performed the Cellulaze surgery on me yesterday and I couldn't be happier. It all starts with their wonderful staff who take such great care of you from start to finish. Dr. Katz is so pleasant and makes you feel so comfortable and relaxed while he is performing the surgery. I felt great knowing I had such a seasoned and knowledgeable doctor taking care of me and am looking forward to going back there in the future. I can't wait to so my results in a few months. lyssa F.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

i am sorry to say that, though i thought he was a good, knowledgeable doctor, he ended up burning my skin with the laser. it is now 10 years later and i still haven't gotten rid of some of the white spots left behind by the burns. he should never have experimented with my skin (olive tone) in the way that he did! BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

I always wanted to do liposuction on my abdomen when I read about this new Smartlipo I could not wait for a consultation and I called the Juva Skin and Laser Center for an appointment with Dr. Katz. Well I have to say that my dreams came true I lost all that fat and my stomach is flat like a board. It was simple and quick. My Mom picked me up and I had very little discomfort, I only took Tylenol, I had no bruising and very minimum swelling. I cant believe it was that simple. The nurse Helen she was so caring and took great care of me. If you are interested in smartlipo this is the place to go.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

I want my money back. This guy should be in jail. The way I was mistreated, lied to, and injured are horrifying. Anyone who has had a bad experience with this money-grubbing, wretched little man should also report him to the State of NY Board. He is not a legitimate, caring, or well trained Dermatologist. He is some guy who got through med school, but most likely with bad grades. Now he does a lot of advertising to gloss over reality, and could care less about whom he injures. Run from this ponzi-scheme.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Worst doctor I have ever been too! Only tries to push his own (office) skincare products. Cares about making money not about the patient! Didn't take the time to listen or look at my skin, quickly prescribed. The bill came with all these different procedures which I did not even have, now have to fight to get the accurate bill. In addition, had to wait about 30-45 minutes past my appointment time. Honestly, the worst doctor experience I have ever had. Would NOT recommend!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I went to Dr. Bruce Katz office a few weeks ago for a consultation on Smartlipo. It's something that I have been thinking about doing for a while but I was scared. After my consultation with Dr. Katz I felt so comfortable.He answered all of my questions and his nurse Orla was so sweet I booked my surgery that same day. I had my surgery last week and the 1 thing I really appreciated was the follow up from the staff. I can't wait to see my final results!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Made appointment for mole checks and a refill of acne medication. Specifically asked to see a doctor, and not a Physician's Assistant. Was assigned a PA anyway, and when I refused, waited 2 hours to see Dr. Katz. Dr. Katz spent a whopping 90 seconds with me, told me a separate (read: $$$) office visit would be required for a mole check and left the room. Arrogant, money-grubbing and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Dr. Bruce E. Katz's Credentials

• Spanish

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1977)