Ratings for Dr. Nancy K. Montagna

I am a psychotherapist living in Massachusetts. When I was looking for a therapist for my mother, who lives in Maryland, and who had experienced a traumatic personal loss, several people told me about Dr. Montagna, and how wise, caring and experienced she is. My mother found her to be extremely helpful. Dr. Montagna is a truly exceptional therapist.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I had very difficult childhood and emerged with diagnoses including depression and PTSD. Dr. Montagna was extremely helpful. When necessary she learned new techniques when they might help me. She taught me many helpful practices and was amazingly warm, empathetic and wise. I have referred friends who have also had good experiences.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Montagna is a extremely cold therapist. She lacks compassion and concern for her patient's mental health wellbeing. At the time, I was suicidal, she ignored my phone call. I know this because she answered when I called her from another phone. She didn't even tell me to go to the ER or talk to me. She hung up on me. Therapy with her almost killed me. The next day she left me a message that she is terminating my treatment. She never asked me how I was doing or if I was able to get some help. She didn't provide any referrals for me or transfer me to a new doctor. I left treatment with her far worse than when I started.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014