Ratings for Dr. Anil S. Ranawat

So my son came to Dr. Ranawat for a second opinion and I felt that he really took his time to explain everything. He told my son in order for him to preform surgery he would need to pt and get off his crutches. He said its like training for a marathon. We had our follow-up and he was pleased with his progress. We our scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. MPFL surgery. Im not going to lie and say Im not worried at all but I feel like he knows his stuff and driving from NJ to have this done. Im very surprised about some reviews on here about how rushed they felt. He took so much time with us. I will follow up with our experience at the hospital.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

This doctor knew so little about my condition that he damaged me physically. Without getting into it all he was v arrogant and this arrogance and inability to admit he did not know led me to a severe and "forever" injury. I have even been told of an internal nickname he has at the hospital due to this personality trait. I filed a grievance based on my issue and maybe since then he has decided to learn a few lessons when you read the more favorable comments. I can guarantee you that mine was horrendous and this is the honest truth. I would approach with extreme caution. Be aware that internally rotating the hip beyond range with abduction n incur a labral tear. Research literature by the American Hip Institute. Also be sure to understand your hip anatomy before you move forward. I was told I had slight impingement after the event but I know it was overstated and my hip angles protect me. The person who referred me to him apologized to me and said they had received so many complaints now they were not sending anymore people to him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Ranawat was thorough, on time, patient, explained everything I need on detail, very professional, treated me with respect and helped me with what I need to do before my upcoming surgery. I highly recommend this man. Very surprised at a few of these comments they couldn't be further from the truth.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

My first visit with this doctor was great! He explained everything to me clearly and what i'll need to do to get ready for the surgery. Everything was done in a timely fashion.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I also had a wonderful experience with physician. Another orthopod in northern NJ had recommended a total knee replacement. I went to Dr. Anil Ranawat for a second opinion. He recommended arthroscopy instead. I had the surgery done with him at HSS. I could not be more pleased. He was quite professional, his staff and the others at HSS were terrific. I would not hesitate to recommend him without reservations.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Wow... shocked at the comments. I was treated wonderful by the staff and the Doctor throughout my entire procedure and followup appointments. I also knew what I was talking about when I consulted with him, therefore did not have any stupid questions for him. The staff treated me wonderful and his PA Rachel was very accommodating and returned my phone calls immediately after my labral hip surgery. His assistant James (not sure of his title)was always very polite when I talked with him on the phone and when I saw him in person. My surgery was May 2013 and have been a very happy patient, Gina

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Avoid this doctor and his office at all cost. His arrogance, tardiness, and rudeness are not worth being treated by him. His office staff seem to be either overworked or incompetent, and will mess up your paperwork. There are many other doctors one can go to and avoid having to deal with his office. Not contrite for being 2 hours late and couldn't give a damn about your feelings.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

He was extremely rude and condescending. I waited over two hours for less than a 10 minute evaluation. He also was looking at his watch only five minutes into our evaluation. There are much better doctors who actually care about their patients.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

Very abrupt and condescending. You feel like he wants to get you out fast. Recommended a therapy that he didn't explain. Staff (physician's assistant) not willing to fully say if this therapy was successful in any percentage of patients with my problem.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Anil S. Ranawat's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 2001)