Ratings for Dr. Karen J. Hicks

We love Dr. Hicks but her front office staff is horrible. Not only to us but have witness staff speak horrible about a patient .

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I miss the old feel to the office. New staff just don't make it feel the same. Although I have had a bad experience dr hicks has done great with my daughter who has had lots if issues which is the only reason I haven't changed. Would love to see the friendly faces back in the office who just made you feel welcome and relaxed coming to the dentist which I need. If you have a choice out of the two dentists here see Dr Hicks.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

The new staff is not as knowledgeable as the old staff. Plus, the billing department works odd hours and apparently I can only speak with whoever called me and not whoever is on shift. Also, the new dentist seems to be about making money and not about taking care of patients. We love Dr. Hicks, her office was a nice, small, family oriented practice. Now, this is not the case. They are all about profit and do not fully explain or disclose the work that they are doing on their patients or how the insurance will cover things.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

My child had a visit recently as a new patient, and upon signing in the receptionist barely mumbled a hello especially after I had to say it first. Then another woman who was responsible for collecting money would always shoot me weird (almost jealous-for some reason) looks. We waited over a half hour for my child's appointment when others kept getting taken back who arrived after us. Not sure if we're going back as I used to work in a Dental practice and would never make a new pt. wait longer than they should have to. The dentist were very nice however, but can't say as much for their staff!! :(

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Hicks' staff. She did a root canal and crown which was never fitted properly. I had pain for over a year and went back multiple times for her to fix my tooth. Her staff once handed me a packet of apoxy and told me to re-glue my own crown back. (In all fairness, Dr. Hicks had a medical emergency around the time of my initial visit; but her staff totally mishandled her office during her absence.) The receptionist was rude and would never let me speak to anyone in the back. We loved Courtney the hygenist, and I think Dr. Hicks is probably a good dentist, but has completely disappointed me in how she took care of my case. My new dentist replaced my crown and suggested I ask for a refund from Dr. Hicks as the x-ray showed the crown she put on was a complete misfit. I sent a very nice letter to Dr. Hicks and have yet to get a reply! That's just not good business!We are going to file formal complaints and probably seek legal action just on principle.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

I am a teenager who adores Dr. Hicks and her staff. She has been very helpful with me and all of my dental needs. She is punctual and friendly. She attends to persons of all ages, gender, race, and religion. She is by far the best dentist I have had!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011