Ratings for Dr. John D. Fenley

Have been a patient for over 20 years. Switching to him from another psychiatrist changed my life! Have had disagreements with him at times, but I am a very proactive person and once he saw that, we have worked very well together! He has gone out of his way to help with difficult situations. He feels like extended family to our family, at this point.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

office staff can be very rude. dr fenley seems to know his medicine but doesnt listen to your concerns as he usually has prescriptions made out before you tell him how it is working/side effects. felt like a $ sign rather than patient. my condition actually deteriorated under his care. would not recommend.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Fenley is a very good doctor. Ladies in his office are very nice and helpful. Would recommend him to a friend!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Arrogant quack!! He doesn't try to get to the root of issues, he just pushes meds.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Tried to schedule an appointment but the receptionist was extremely rude. I was told I could not be seen until I had been off of my current medication, which is prescribed through my doctor for one of my major conditions, for at least 3 months. It seems dangerous to tell a prospective patient with psychiatric problems to stop their medication without supervision or treatment, especially after saying that giving me the medication was the equivalent of my doctor handing me a loaded gun! I find this to be extremely cold, uncaring and unprofessional despite any personal policy this psychiatrist may have. I was also interrupted several times and berated during this initial call. I would not recommend this practice to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I've seen Dr. Fenley for many years. The medications he has given me have served me well. I've found him to be compassionate, understanding, and helpful. He treats me with respect and I feel "heard" at my sessions. He referred me to a great therapist for my "talk" therapy. He is a medication doctor not a psychotherapist. I have recommended him to others.

Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Fenley requires that all prospective patients be screened. He does not treat anyone who is on a scheduled drug, anyone who wants to get on disability due to mental condition(s), anyone who is involved in any current legal (criminal offenses) issues, etc. His staff is outstanding. They are courteous, pleasant and extremely knowledgable. I found Dr. Fenley to be brilliant on mental disorders and medications. He is very direct, yet easy to talk to. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a good psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

brilliant doctor on medications for psychiatric conditions, doesn't do therapy

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Tried getting in to see this doctor but staff were very rude and never gave me a chance.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I have seen Dr. Fenley for more than a year for my condition. At first he seemed like a great understanding Dr. After a few mo:nths I noticed that he got very short with the visits ( 10 MINS. )tops. A few more months and he started to show no compassion or seem to listen at all. After a few more visits he actually would argue with me about any suggestions when I actually had a chance to get a word in. He dominates the conversation as if you are ignored or spoken over, as if he is in a hurry to get to the bank with your money. On two occasions he acted like a total prick , throwing a fit as if he had psychiatric problems as well. The last fit he threw was over my tardiness of 10 mins. even after I called his snooty secretary. This pissed me off to the point the I almost lost it. I am in search for another Dr. after that recent episode. I do not recommend this Dr. Flunky to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. John D. Fenley's Credentials

• E Tn State Univ J H Quillen Coll Of Med, Johnson City Tn 37614 (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Massachusetts