Ratings for Dr. Vidhyalakshmi Kannan

Very mixed opinion on Dr. Kannan. On one hand she is brilliant and some what caring, and on another she is cold and rigid and obviously in my case doesn't care if I suffer. I guess it is not on her schedule. I had my thyroid removed and have been having problems with terrible fatigue/depression. She stretches my appointments so far apart that when I called a month and a half into my appointment wait time, begging for an increase in my thyroid medication due to fatigue and depression. She has me do blood work and despite being hypo she refuses to increase my thyroid medication, nor will she fit me in to discuss it but making me suffer another month til my set schedule. I am livid. My PCP is concerned because it raised my blood pressure. My PCP even knew that I wasn't near optimal. Rethinking about going back to my previous Endo (who I loved) who I had to change due to insurance changes - I will pay cash to see him. She is causing me such stress, you don't keep a patient with no thyroid hypo that is symptomatic!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Where do I start. I went with a idea that they were going to help me. What a waste of my time and a Heartache. The front desk basically said they treat state medical different. I have state medical. mmmmm I was put on a thyroid pill by my doctor who had to move out of state. She watched me pack the pounds on in such a short time is how we found out. I was recommended by my primary care Dr. Thinking she was good. I went. It is now 6 weeks after testing . Her staff calls and said You need Vit. D and a fat free diet. walk more. I walk 3 miles every day. Do not come back for 6 months ,then she will talk to me about a diet pill. Are you kidding me? I'm taking the D twice a day ,not to mention I'm outside 4 / 5 hour a day. Keep in mind I'm on a thyroid pill. Was told it would need to be checked every 90 days. It has been 8 months. After losing 33 pounds I'm at stand still. Instead of testing for other related side affects, She said I'm morbidly obese. This is not a very good Doctor. She will make you feel like your lazy fat and sitting around eating Bon Bons all day. Instead of trying ever and anything to help you. She is in the wrong line of work. Never again . I will be using these rating pages from now on. I have found a Number of clients that have gone through the same thing.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

This is my first visit as I had to find a new PCP & Endo due to insurance change. So unhappy with both as neither do followups or return calls. Doesn't anyone followup anymore - more other docs did!!!! Dr Kannan seemed very knowledgable and took her time, ordered tests, etc... A week after ultrasound and labs and not hearing from them I called, said I would be gotten back to in 20 minutes and by end of day no call. So I called and I got semi results but said doc had to get more info and would get back to me. Well now it has been 3 wks and no followup. I did call last week and got a voice as I needed medication refill. They actually had me talk to doc and she said she would submit it to pharmacy. That was a week ago. I have left 2 messages this week and no returned calls. I am so upset and frustrated that they are wasting my time and energy!!!! I never had this problem with my old doctors (Pcp or Endo). Thanks Obamacare!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I came her for my hypothyroidism, the first visit I knew that I had to find another doctor. I brought in my medspaper work, and explained after my last doctor find out I had thyroid disease have me armour thyroid and sent me home, but still didn't feel good. I told her I gained over 30 pound and was so tired. She told me armour isn't good for you take synthroid,I told her I had before and hated it. She said you can either take the synthroid or I can lower your dose which one and you can't believe what you hear on the internet,it works for me it will work for you. I said no. left so hopeless went back for a checkup I said could it be something else like pcos or adrenal disease? I asked her if there were any other tests she could give me and said no. I was so upset and she said vitamin.d. I felt ok but still sick. Went to another doc and she did tests found out I have pcos

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I went to her for my thyroid condition. This doctor takes forever to follow up. She took more than 10 days to just get back on the lab tests. I had to call so many times to know if she had time to review my lab results. The staff gave a standard answer " Doctor has to review your results , We'll call you back by the end of the day" . They never called me back. I had to continuously keep calling them for atleast ten days to get to know my thyroid values and by that time I had already run out of my medications. This has happened every single time I have been there. Ridiculous !! not going back to her !!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013