Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Golden

Waste of time. Arrogant. Forms an opinion then try's to tailor the obvious clinical data/ previous lab reports right in front of him to back up his wrong opinion. Makes dx and recommendations for follow up before lab results he ordered are available. Practicing some really bad medicine. I don't understand the positive reviews or what's going on in the in the Rhuematology Dept at NYU. I do not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I was very happy with my visit @ Dr.Goldens office. Everyone was very professional,and kind.The doctor made me feel very comfortable.Glad i made a good choice.I will continue to seek treatment from him.Very good doctor

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I was the 1st patient of the day and the Dr, was in when I arrived. I had to wait 30mins to be seen and as a result ran behind and had to miss an important meeting I had planned for the day. He was so busy typing notes in a computer that he was not listening well and it was clear to me by the questions he was asking. He was hearing what he wanted to hear and not listening to my whole story and didn't "get it" I have gone to Dr's that type when with you but you can tell they listen, this one does not listen or if he does he does not listen well and it makes you feel awkward.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I was referred to this doctor by my physician. I must say, he is personable, knowledgable and thorough. He took his time and explained everything. He has a great bedside manner. I've been to many physicians and must say Dr. Golden is what I look for in a medical professional.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Golden for over five years. In that time, he has always taken the time to discuss my condition and treatment plan thoroughly, so that I understood what my options were, and what his recommendations were based on. He makes an extra effort to consult with my other doctors and share test results, etc., with them. We often take a short portion of my regular checkups to discuss news or new research about my condition that I have found online or in newspapers. He is warm and friendly and his staff have always been helpful and pleasant to me. On one recent occasion, Dr. Golden went out of his way to challenge an unjust insurance ruling to help me obtain the treatment I need. He's the best!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

This doctor gave me such a bad exam and was so rough with me that I believe he injured my knee. His staff consistently misinformed me as to getting an MRI, which I eventually took are of myself. The doctor kept pushing a cortisone shot (which I guess he gets more money for) tho I told him I didn't want one. He thinks his computer is the patient and barely looked at me during the consultation. I get better service from the fruit vendors in the street.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

I was taken in 10 minutes before my appointment.Staff was pleasent and efficient.Dr Golden was knowledgeable and listened to all my concerns.He ordered all my Xrays and tests which were performed in the office by a pleasent staff. I was in and out with little waiting time. I have a future appointment and will follow up on this memo.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Golden is knowledgeable, caring and always listens to what you have to say. He won't push any medicine on you if you don't want it he'll give you the names and let you look it up on line. You make your own decisions and 9 times out of 10 it's what he told you to try he'll give it to you in a low dose if you are leary of any medicines because of there side effects. He moved from Brooklyn to Manhattan and the young ladies at this location are a whole new kettle of fish. The young lady at the front desk are that collects the co-pay and than proceeds to ask when are you going to pay this other bill? Which by the way you didn't know you were going to get because everythng used to go through NYU.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Extremely efficient and knowledgeable. Believes not only in individualizing the care he gives he listens and respons to the patients. he does not push medicines onto peole as a cure all but helps them achieve a total life wellness attitude and acquire responsilbility for their own well being so that they will understand changes in their health and can become proactive. Has been quick to respond in emergencies. Runs any tests neccesary to effect accurate diagnosis but not just a battery of them that may not apply.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

Dr. Golden's office is like a processing plant. Patients are in and out in 10 minutes or less. Although he is clearly knowledgeable (he teaches at NYU Medical School), sometimes I think he seems more interested in typing up his notes than really listening to what I have to say. He also charges extra to sign and/or fill out forms (i.e. school medical forms). The worst part about being his patient, though, is having to deal with his office staff. They are, simply put, incredibly rude. The combination of a somewhat cold and aloof physician and office staff who feel it is their right to verbally assault patients makes for a very disconcerting medical visit and I don't reccommend this office to anyone who wants to be treated like a human being.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2006

Dr. Brian D. Golden's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1991)