Ratings for Dr. Helen Z. Norwood

I scheduled a new patient appointment with her. Her staff said new patients can only be seen either at 10:30 or 2:40. I took off for the 2:30 appointment. I called to letter them know there was an accident and I would be no more than a few minutes late. The staff said that I "should" have showed up for my 2:40 appointment at 2. This was news to me because I was never told that. I really needed to see a doctor. The staff was dismissive and said that I needed to reschedule. I was not happy with the staff and overall how the office works. The times are inconvenient.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Poor staff. Pharmacists can't get through. Like the dr. She needs a new staff ASAP

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

dr. norwood tried many times to give me blood pressure medicine and i don't have hbp. when i asked for someyhing for my aniexty; she said no. you need a psych dr. check my charts dr farson never was rude or uncaring. my pressure was only high going to see her. she told me if you find a dr that will give you anxiety meds good luck. i changed and my pressure is never high and he listens and takes what i say. he won't give meds just to give but he listens. i have seen dr norwood change from no makeup to makeup and new clothes and hair. she really is a piece of work and she doesn't like the out of normal size people

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Norwood since mid 2013 and I have always found her to be very professional,caring and easy to communicate to. I particularly appreciate her concern and dedication in helping to get my blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control. I also appreciate her speedy responses to questions submitted through the online system.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Norwood completely had a dismissive attitude with my daughter who was suffering and when test results came back to her office on 10/30 she NEVER got in touch until my daughter called and called her office, then she left a voice mail that she was sending the results by mail..????...she is a horrible doctor with a horrible attitude

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr Norwood is the rudest physician I ever in counted an she hate dealing with obese patient.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Why would a doctor continue to renew a prescription when you complained about adverse side effects? Also, a word to the wise, the staff will forget to schedule your appointment and you'll have made an unnecessary trip at your expense, like I did! You'd have to pay a no-show fee if you forget your appointment. Really, is that fair! Get a confirmation and a persons name!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I prefer a doctor who takes more time to answer your concerns staff just leaves you waiting I had to ask if Dr was aware I was in.The office was practically empty. After waiting 45 minutes it was the fastest appt with a doctor I ever had total waste of my time and money do your research.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Doctor was very rude and dismissive of my ailments even went as far as to laugh at me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Helen Z. Norwood's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)