Ratings for Dr. Fred L. Hackney

From the moment i made my 1st phone call to them i was impressed with the female staff members there and their kindness however on the 1st visit when i met Dr. Hackney he knew this was my first surgery, and knew i had NO knowledge about the process and he was in and out, didn't prompt me with things i needed to be aware of or concerns or possible issues. he wanted to schedule the surgery and get his money. Everyone's breast are different sizes, when i picked my implant size he nor the staff never suggested getting 2 different size implants so they would look symmetrical after the fact. 2 hours after the surgery i immediately noticed a HUGE difference, brought it to their attention and was told point blank "they look fine to me", also my pain wasnt being managed well at all. he did give me additional/different meds after the fact when i pushed the issue BUT i had to push the issue. when i went for the post op appt i told them i was absolutely disguisted with him and the fact that he let me leave the OR looking as uneven as i did and then had the nerve to tell me that "they look fine" and that something needed to be done about it....then he offered to go back to the OR to fix them BUT i was made to feel like it was my fault, that the size difference was minute, that my complaints were not validated and that he is only doing this because i complained. in the recovery room both times he never spoke to me, he did call my dtr the 1st time but all he said was everything was fine and she could get me anytime". the 2nd surgery he didnt talk to me or anyone else after the surgery. i also brought up another issue with 1 of the breast, that i thought the implant had dropped and he claimed he spent many hours on a sunday reviewing the OR notes, my measurements, etc to only come back to me to say "everything is fine". 1 of my breast is visable different, looks like there is a dropped implant and is bigger than the other (because the implant has dropped). BEYOND disappointed that he got $6500. I can't go braless, my breast look far from natural, and this was a waste of my money. DO NOT go to him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I am was 38 yrs old at surgery time. I had a breast revision and upper blepharoplasty. Two years later, the breast implants still look ok. The blepharoplasty was a failure. After the first surgery, I still had significant hooding. He wanted to wait several months for the swelling to go down before deciding if enough skin was removed. months later there was still significant hooding. He used local anesthetic in his office and did a revision (took more skin). Two years after the original surgery I still have significant hooding. He told me that he removed as much as he though he could and that there was nothing more that he could do. I am a Registered Nurse and I work at a trauma center, in surgery. I have asked several plastic surgeons their opinions of the blepharoplasty and every one of them has said I still have excessive hooding; that too much skin was left and more could have been taken. Despite is poor eye skill, before the 2nd procedure he injected Lidocaine into my eyes as a local anesthetic. Lidocaine does not have a long half-life and he knew I lived an hour away from his office. I asked him for a little more local at the end of the procedure and he said no. Before I was halfway home I was in extreme pain, while driving westward into the sun at late afternoon. I was not happy and two years later I'm still unhappy with his work, his compassion and professional decisions. I will have a consult with Dr. Alford who is a ocular plastics specialist. Third time is a charm, I hope.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I had one implant leak 8 years after previously having breast augmentation in another state. Dr. Hackney is board certified and very professional. I liked that he is a soft-spoken man, not like some egomaniac surgeons. And he was named one of the 10 best plastic surgeons in the Dallas area by D Magazine. I didn't have to wait a long time to get an appointment. My surgery came out beautifully. He made my deflated breast match my other perfectly. I am very happy with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

I had research plastic surgeons in the Dallas area and visited other doctors before deciding on Dr. Hackney. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He spoke to me and my girlfriend about breast augmentation. He explained the benefit and risks with everything. We had several consultation with him about the size and shape. He is very organized even giving us a list of what to expect and things to do before the surgery. My girlfriend's breast have a beautiful shape and feel after the surgery. They look very natural. She is extremely happy with them. We feel that he is a great doctor that cared about our concerns. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Hackney and his staff are wonderful. I had a breast augmentation done in April. I interviewed several plastic surgeons around the Dallas/Ft.Worth area, and Dr. Hackney was the best one of all. He was the only one to actually explain the risk and looked over the size I chose, instead of getting just an opinion from the nurse. That in turn showed me he cared about how the results would make me feel after the surgery. He is not the cheapest and not the most expensive. But I believe you get what you pay for and hands down, I am very ecstatic with the results I got!!!!! While all body types are different, he works his hardest to let you know upfront what to expect and to make the results look as natural as possible!!!! I would definitely recommend him!!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

Staff was pleasant. Doctor was average. Result is very poor. I hate to complain, but I just think he is not a good surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I had consultations regarding liposuction with several other doctors in the Dallas area and finally decided on Dr. Hackney. And I am so happy I did! I am THRILLED with the results!!! The entire experience was wonderful. I had my own private room in a hospital and was treated like a princess. AND I wasn’t charged any more than the other doctor’s wanted for an in-office procedure. The nurses and staff are all very friendly and professional. Great experience and AWESOME results! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

Great doctor. Had Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty surgery, great results on both of them. He's pretty expensive, but it's worth it!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Staff was unfriendly, but Doctor was ok.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Dr. Fred L. Hackney's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1990)