Ratings for Dr. Monisha Medhi

Terrible experience with this Dr. She would not listen, only wanted to rant about how she couldn't help me unless I agreed to stop taking the thyroid medicine that I am currently taking and have experienced good results with and agreed to take the one brand of medication that she prescribes. I agreed to try that medicine but when I asked what would happen if it didn't work, she told me I would have to find another doctor that would refuse to follow protocol and would prescribe me something else. Was rude, condescending and lacked any and all compassion. Clearly has ego issues that would make it impossible for her to appropriately treat any patient that does not respond to her very narrow treatment philosophies.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was released from the hosp. & in sever diabetic disstress. Difficulty w/Type I. Medhi & PA asst. gave no compassion/support. If I couldn't manage my diabetes, they couldn't help me. Feeling discouraged & crying. Sent blood sugar charts, it took days to remedy insulin. Medhi called & referred if I couldn't get it together it puts her liable. Referring that she could be sued. Suggested a psy. eval. - "clearly I have mental issues", appt. to see her dietician & wear 24 hr monitor. I made appt w/ dietician & fitted w/ monitor. 7-10 days, I hadn't heard from Medhi's office. Called & toldmeter couldn't be read & was sent to the lab to get data. 14-16 days I recv'd a msg. - info. couldn't be read b/c blood sugars to high. If they looked at my blood sugar chart, they'd see not true. I should've recv'd a call to wear a new meter. I called to switch an appt. due to a work conflict. Told, Medhi cleared sched. for me. WHAT? If I canceled again, they would release me as a patient due to policies.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013