Ratings for Dr. James E. HARDY

After sever visits to the ER because of headaches cause by my breasts being large and heavy, I agreed to have a breast reduction. I decided to do a tummy tuck first. I went to James Hardy for a consult. He suggested I transfer my fat to my buttock and hips. Said he had lots of experience and would take great care of me. I really trusted him with my life. He nearly killed me. He doesn't listen to anything you say. I told him over and over that I was experiencing way too much pain in my left leg. He kept telling me, "You are going through the healing process." As my leg grew larger and I began dragging it, it told me to hang in ther and, "Whatever you do, dont go the the Emergency Room because those doctors dont know how to treat you." Well, as it turned out James Hardy didnt know how to treat me. I ended up with 3 subsequent incisions that got larger and deeper, one after the other. Due to infection from the surgery. Not anything in my home as he reported in a lawsuite with another woman who had the same surgery by him and now has to take meds for the rest of her life. My third surgery left me having to use a wound vac. You could litterally put your hand inside the hole...it was just that big. Nothing I can say will properly describe the trauma of having an abrasive sponge pulled out of and shoved into your raw skin tissue. 3 times a week, in and out of your body, for months. One time, he filled the sponge with an injection of serious numbing meds and I still felt it. I had so many post operations because Hardy was only concerned with closing the current hole as quickly as possible. But it seemed he had very little experience in wound care procedures. Each time he closed the wound at the top, he left a hole open on the inside so infection recollect and burrowed deaper into my body. Of course I called and visited his office several times between each surgery to say something doesnt feel right but he doesn't listen to his patients, so he blew me off. Each surgery was an er visit. Before the first major surgery, I finally went to be examined by my primary. The abcess was so big he wouldnt touch it. "I dont wanna be part of the lawsuit," he said. For 10 long months, it was one infection after another, one surgery after another I dropped from a whopping 170lbs to way under 100lbs as I faught for my life. I was going down, fast. After my last irregation surgery, Hardy tried to discharge me without calling in the Infectious Disease doc to examine me, but a nursed stopped him. When the Infectious Desease came, "What is this, why am I being called in so late?" is what at I heard him say. It wasn't until I left Hardy and found a great wound care doctor and stayed under my awesome Infectious Disease doctor that I began to win my fight. I praise God everytime I think of this situation for placing the right people on my path. Hardy never apologized, called to check on me, nor offered me one thin dime of my money back. I am not the only one. I now know of 6 other women who have suffered very poor surgeries with him throught bbl and 8 toher woman with other surgeries (arms, breasts, tt, facial injections, thighs) I would never go to James Hardy for anything again. About the staff: His fianceƩ doubles as the financial hound and the esthetician, they picked on the receptionist so much that she finally left. He hired a girl with very poor experience to prep clients for post op visits and consults. You may be asking did I file a lawsuite. I was not his firat victim so he is well versed in the cover up. Too many women are afraid to let people know that they had surgery so they def dont want people to know they got hacked to pieces. So, the docs get to keep practicing until they get it right..... prayerfully they do

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I became Dr Hardy's patient 2 yrs ago and was happy with his work. Although it was a minor procedure, I was happy with the outcome. For this reason, I chose him to do my breast aug this year. I consulted with Marc Clayman, and was torn between the two. I chose Dr. Hardy because he seemed a bit more polished than my other choice. Today, I feel I made a huge mistake. Dr. Hardy was over $900 more expensive, and I am extremely dissappointed with my results. I am less than 3 mos post op and I already know I'm going to need revision work ... To be continued due to character limit...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

The work he did was horrible. Your body looks disfigured and his explainations sound so unknowledgable. I feel he is just experimenting, and hope the outcome is good. Good not great. I would not recommend him to anyone. I am accepting my results, but when I look in the mirror, I see a disfigured body that looks horrible. It makes me want to cry. The money I paid should have been paid to another plastic surgeon who knows his profession.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

Dr. James E. HARDY's Credentials

• Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL