Ratings for Dr. Yvonne Cargill

Terrible bedside manner!!! She discriminated against my disabled little girl right in front of my entire family! Pointing at her and telling me that if i didn't do exactly as she said (which no other doctor on her team had said at any time) that my baby would end up like her!?!?! Right in front of her students, another pregnant women, and many of my family members!!! I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH, AVOID HER! My heart still breaks for the way she treated me...im still traumatized! I hope she learns to be more caring and compassionate, her patients are counting on her afterall!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Cargill was definitely the best doctor! Highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr Cargill is the best doctor, hands down. She is very thorough, cautious and caring. I would recommend her to everyone

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

She is the BEST doctor I have EVER had! I would recommend her to any Mom to be!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My sister was pregnant with twins and inexplicably went into cardiac arrest two months pre-term. Dr. Cargill was put on her case and made the judgement call to deliver the babies. My family was beyond emotional as my sister was brought into her c-section while in an induced coma. Dr. Cargill instilled confidence in us through her professionalism but we also felt that she really cared. She was amazing and both my sister and the babies are doing very well now. Now that I am pregnant, I will be pleading with my family doctor to be in Dr. Cargill's hands as well.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I met Dr. Cargill when I was 5.5cm dilated, so I can't say I know her very well. I was opting for a vaginal breech labour trial which had been arranged by Dr. Gaudet 10 days prior. I had been in the care of midwives my entire pregnancy and they maintained that care until the moment we entered the Civic. Dr. Cargill was the high-risk OB on duty at the time (and I progressed VERY quickly for a first time labour, our babe was born than less 5hrs after my water broke at home). I was disappointed I couldn't have Gaudet as I adored her for helping us pursue a vaginal delivery and I felt safe with her, however upon meeting Dr. Cargill I knew I was in good hands. My only hesitation was her 'bed-side manner', having never met her before we had to go over all the risks which was already painfully familiar with. I assumed her bluntness was due to our breech situation which I was also acutely aware had mixed opinions in the medical community. Now that I've read some reviews I know that she is truly just a "to-the-point" doctor which was exactly what we needed. She met us in the OR and followed breech protocol. I delivered upright and I'm told she calmly monitored the labour following the "hands off the breech" practice until the very end. It all happened very quickly, 16 minutes total, but I really do trust that she would have been the best doctor to make a quick decision had things taken a turn. She popped into our room afterwards to offer congratulations and pass along Dr. Gaudet's congrats as well. I thought that was really kind. All in all, great experience.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

As I reflect on my experience with Dr Cargill as my daughter's 5th birthday approaches, I am still impressed with her expertise, thoroughness, and professionalism. I saw her as part of a team of drs on high risk unit @ the Civic so I didn't always have her but with early onset preeeclampsia I was in & out of the unit for 7 weeks and was always very happy when Dr Cargill was on shift. Once, after an appointment, I was waiting by the elevators and several minutes later she came running down the hall to clarify something about the medication she prescribed. Impressive. Another time, I was seeing a Resident which is pretty common in the very busy high risk clinic. They will often go back and consult with the Drs on staff before making any decisions. I told the Resident I was having visual disturbance but it wasn't presenting in the classic preeclampsia way and the Resident kind of gave me a strange look and told me it wasn't likely related. Well didn't Dr Cargill send her back with possibly the most contrite look I've ever seen on someone's face. That's the kind of doctor she is. Thorough to the end. Nothing goes unnoticed, ignored, or unchecked. Your safety and the safety of your baby is TOP priority which is evident in how she practices. You may wait some time but just remember when it's your turn, if extra time is needed she won't ignore you. Thank you Dr Cargill. My preemie is turning 5. She is healthy & happy. I'll never forget her role in that.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

She is the best! She followed me high risk for both pregnancies. She is straight to the point, and a very thorough doctor- nothing gets overlooked. She always took the time to answer any questions I had and really cares about her patients! She did not deliver my children but made sure to check up on me ASAP. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Cargill is the best! I've been seeing her since early pregnancy and I'm now almost 36 weeks pregnant at the high risk unit at the civic. She is very calm, nice, understanding, and non judgemental. She makes me feel safe and I know she does the best work she can to ensure me and my first baby are okay. She's worth the wait to see even if I've had an appointment booked! I hope she's available to deliver my baby and I wish her nothing but the best.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Cargill delivered our baby girl by C-Section on May 3rd, 2014. I could not ask for any better from her and the staff. Unfortunately she wasn't my OB during my pregnancy but we are trying for our second child and if successful I will be definitely getting her to be my OB.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016