Ratings for Dr. Yvonne Cargill

Dr Cargill is simply the best. Stated she is an expert is grossly understating her abilities. She is without question one of the most knowledgeable doctors in her field. We were fortunate enough to be matched with Dr Cargill to oversee the high risk pregnancy of our twin girls. She gave us exceptional care and help throughout our pregnancy. Dr Cargill gave us piece of mind when we needed it and was extraordinarily thorough in our preventative care. She even took the time to visit us in the hospital after their birth to ensure everything was on track. She was available on weekends and evenings to review our blood-work and called to check in regularly after hours. With her help we now have two healthy and happy 1 month old girls at home. Dr Cargill is simply the best. Thank you for all you’ve done for our family. To address the comments on here that she is cold or disrespectful, it's simply not true at all. She is a well trained medical professional there to give you the best possible care. She is not there to be your new facebook friend or coddle you, you are not going to a baby shower. Dr. Cargill's role is to give you exceptional medical care for you and your baby. Sometimes that means being direct and honest. What you need most at this time is someone that is direct and honest about what is best for you and your child. Dr Cargill is always professional, polite, direct and honest. Her "bedside manner" is perfect and well fit for her role in your care. We cannot say enough good things about the compassionate care we received. Our family would give her 6 stars if we could!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Dr. Cargill and her staff were treating me very disrespectfully on my list appointment, with her, at Civic hospital.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Dr. Cargill assisted my husband and I through a high risk first trimester that ended at 17 weeks in loss. I was so glad she was our doctor, as I don't think I would have been able to get through that time without her.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

She is the best! Does high risk and low risk and so knowledgeable. Very careful and attentive to details throughout the pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Absolutely LOVE her! I would recommend her to ANYONE!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I came here to write about how happy I am with Dr Cargill and was so surprised by her recent reviews I had to check to see if I'd entered the wrong name, I hadn't. This woman is wonderful! Dr Cargill was straight to the point but took the time to explain my condition to me and answered my questions. I had PIH and she followed me for the last half of my pregnancy. I never felt rushed or unwelcome even on the occasion I had to bring my 3y.o. with me. He was cranky by the time we got in but she brought him around with a conversation about trucks. I always felt she had my daughter's and my health at the top of her priorities when we talked.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Appointment with her was short and not informative. Was given a form to get blood test without any explanation as for what. I was probably in the actual appointment with her for 5 minutes while waiting for almost an hour before that. Not sure if all doctors are like this, but i would not recommend her if you are looking for someone who's more involved and caring during this special chapter of your life.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

From the moment you walk in, you don't feel welcome. No one is friendly there. Doctor always seems like she's in a rush. I've spent an hour waiting for a 5 minutes appointment. She seems to hate her job and life in general. Too bad, because she can make other people's experience with her a lot more pleasant with just a smile and some casual chit chat.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Thorough, knowledgeable and caring. I had preeclampsia and she followed me throughout the pregnancy. I can't relate to the recent comments below as I found her reassuring and warm. Its never been my experience to receive a phone call in the evening but I did from Dr Cargill when she received test results that concerned her. She saw me through a difficult pregnancy and I'll trust her with my next.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I must say I agree with the commenter two comments down. Her experience resonates with mine. When I was pregnant with my daughter it was discovered via ultrasound that she had a birth defect. I cannot stress enough, if you are referred to this doctor due to "something being wrong" with your baby be prepared for her to intimidate you and be very negative without backing her statements. In my case, she told me in an off the cuff manner to be prepared that my baby be "incompatible with life" because I did not want to do the invasive testing she wanted me to have (read: forcing on me). Totally out of line with the Civic Hospital's vision for compassionate care and patient choice of care (ironically posted in the waiting room). http://www.ottawahospital.on.ca/en/about-us/our-vision/ My daughter, by the way, is fine and her birth defect is being treated. Huge amount of stress due to this doctor's bedside manner. I am not looking for a best friend in a doctor; however she should be more mindful in her communication style. Based on other reviewers here she seems knowledgeable but in my case, I did not benefit from any of her expertise. Beware if you are being referred due to a high risk/birth defect situation. I was caught off guard.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017