Ratings for Dr. David Edwin Kim

I enjoyed my whole procedure at Dr Kim's office. The staff and Dr. Kim are great! My rhinoplasty surgery was a success and I love, love my new nose. Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Very non helpfuk bedside manner not only by Dr Kim but staff, was in pain and left neglected after surgery

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I now have the nose and breasts I ever dreamed of…. I had a breast augmentation and rhinoplasty & deviated septum I was bullied throughout my childhood and made fun of. My nose caused me to be the center of unwanted attention. Not only was it the bullying that led me to have rhinoplasty, but it was also my breathing problems. I had a severe deviated septum. I have seen several bad nose jobs and was always terrified to give it a try. That is until I found Dr. David E Kim. I went in to several consolations with different Doctor’s, but when I met Dr. David E Kim in Beverly Hills I knew he was the right one for me. His staff made me feel right at home. During my consultation Dr. David Kim drew a sketch of my current nose, and explained, step by step, what he was going to do. I was also interested in getting a breast augmentation so i brought it up. He took a look at my breasts and did the same thing. I have never had any procedures done or been put under in the past and I picked not only one major procedure, but two. Both procedures went well and the team of staff and nurses at Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery are amazing, helpful, caring, patient, and understanding. They all took amazing care of me. Grace made sure pre and post check ups went well. Angel took amazing pictures and videos and answered questions. Paulina answers personal rhino questions i had/have for her. Stella and Kris welcome me with a large smile and let Dr. Kim know his patient has returned. At every check up the girls made me feel right at home. It has now been two months since surgery and I can not say how happy and more confident i feel. Not only that, but i am able to breathe now, something I was not able to do before. I used to hide my nose behind sunglasses and now even if there is sun out I do not feel the need to put them on. The incision on my nose is not noticeable at all. The incision on my breasts disappeared, since I apply scar cream on my breasts everyday. The response from friends and family on my social media- IG: kart_m_lob was everything i expected. I get Direct Messages asking about breast size (left breast- 450 cc, right breast- 485 cc), nose pics, before and after. I believe Dr. David E. Kim will be getting some additional new clients soon. Thank you for changing my life and making me feel comfortable in my own body.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Kim and I just have to say he ruined my nose. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Do yourself a favor and go find a facial plastic surgery specialist who knows what he or she is doing because this doctor does not.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I had breast augmentation with Dr. Kim almost a year ago and I love the results. I consulted with a few other Beverly Hills surgeons before choosing him and based my decision on the number of positive reviews I found and the consistency of his before and after pictures. I have always been very slim and I also worried about the implants looking or feeling unnatural but he seemed confident he could give me the look and size I wanted. On the day of the surgery, I showed Dr. Kim some final pictures of what I liked and didn't like to remind him of the look I hoped to achieve. The results have been life changing so far. My implants turned out to be a perfect shape and size for my body. I'd recommend him to anyone considering this surgery!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Its been three years since i saw Dr Kim for a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation. I asked for a big reduction on my nose and then implants to take me from a C to a D. I ended up with a nose job where you cannot tell the difference, if anything i look worse as my tip is less refined and then my breasts I ended up an F cup, as soon as I came out of the theatre i knew it was a huge error and was in tears for weeks - he told me that was a normal reaction and id get used to them! I had to have a reduction 9 months later (with a diff surgeon) which took me to an E and now I am about to go under the knife again as i cant live with these giant boobs, but unfortunately I need a full lift as the skin has stretched. Dr Kim did not listen to what I requested, his bed side manner is terrible and all in all the whole experience has caused me a lot of emotional and financial stress, I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I had 2 breast augmentations and 3 liposuction procedures with Dr. Kim. After both BA procedures he left me with terrible thick red scars. I had a CC less than two years and got even worse scars. I wanted him to fix an asymmetry from a cardiothoracic procedure but he refused add enough extra CCs to make up for the difference leaving me a C/DD despite two attempts to do this. I had lipo of the outer thighs and flanks for the first surgery without incident but then had terrible lumpy results on the liposuction of the abdomen. What makes it even worse was how heartless he was. When I had my first surgery I told them they'd never get an IV in me if I couldn't drink water the night before surgery. I came in ghost white about to faint (which is also when they give you all the info./risk info. that they make you lie and say the doctor went over - which he never did) He never said hi or a kind words as I was tortured with needles for a solid hour to get an IV in. Just sat there looking at his watch and giving botox to one of the girls in his office. Finally they got me two bottles of water and had me drink them so they could make their money (I guess the water/safety issue doesn't matter once it becomes inconvenient for them). The only thing he said to me before surgery was that he'd need an extra $500 to fix a scar. In my post-op appointments he acted blind to all problems. When I had a redo (and gave him another chance to fix his work) I asked about doing silicone sheeting to help with scars. He said not to. As soon as the bandages came off I could tell one scar was going to be awful (it wasn't that I scar badly as he liked to put it). It was done with zero finesse. Then the jerk had the nerve to tell me later that I could have used silicone sheeting to make it better. What an jerk.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I spent two years searching through the results of other plastic surgeons, but remained disappointed until I discovered Dr. Kim. Forget any advice you been given on how best to chose a plastic surgeon, and go on the evidence of the results alone. Remember, your not looking for a dinner companion, your looking for an artist, and Dr. Kim is one of the few surgeons out there that is. Unfortunately, I lost my nerve and walked out on my procedure just hours before. It is also important to know that I had previously cancelled on another occasion with less than 24 hours notice. On both occasions Dr. Kim was more than gracious, but he now questions my commitment, and is understandably disinclined to do my procedure at this time. I have spent a further 2 years searching in vain for another surgeon whose results excite me and support their claims of skill. By evidence of results, Dr. Kim is the best, and I have been spoiled on the rest. I wish I had been better prepared.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

Dr. Kim was great. He explained the procedure in detail and answered my questions well. He is highly skilled and made my breasts look extremely natural. I really liked his approach of finalizing the size during the surgery for the perfect look. I really love the results.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I wouldn't mind that Dr. Kim's personality was like cardboard if he was a talented surgeon. He did a tummy tuck and lipo on me. The tt results were worse than mediocre, my stomach looked unnatural with below my belly button flat and above it, significantly protruding. He also left sutures which felt like metal wires that I could feel just under my skin which always had me on edge, as he said they would eventually poke through since they needed to be cut down more. He also did lipo under my neck and said he would remove a "teaspoon". He removed too much (probably was trying to save time and used a large canula)& now I have vertical lines under just under my chin & neck which really makes me look old. When confronted, he said I must have naturally aged (in several months?) This piece of cardboard must be a fool if he thinks I would believe that. I had another doctor re-do his work and told me he has re-done his work before. Don't pay for a zip code and learn from my mistakes!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Dr. David Edwin Kim's Credentials

• Korean

• University Of Illinois College Of Medici (Grad. 1993)