Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Ascher Walsh & his staff are amazing. I would not have felt comfortable having anyone else operate on me . From my initial consultation to post-op appointments everything was amazing. Sure surgery is a scary thing, especially when its something that could impact your future fertility, but I was confident knowing that i had a fantastic doctor with immense knowledge and experience. Dr. Ascher- Walsh has the best bedside manner. As a nurse I've met plenty of physicians and this guy is a god send. There needs to be more doctors like him in the world. I was really scared about surgery but i was reassured that everything would be ok, and it was. If you are looking for a doctor who will go above and beyond- this is your guy. I had one fibroid removed through a robotic myomectomy and am looking forward to starting my family now that the awful fibroid is out. Simply the best of the best!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Ascher- Walsh is a remarkable and compassionate surgeon! After consulting 2 surgeons (regarding a Myomectomy) who told me they couldn't remove all my fibroids and preserve my uterus or wanted to give me a vertical incision (yikes) a friend insisted I see Dr. AW. I immediately felt that at ease, he assured me he would remove my 10 fibroids and preserve my uterus so that I could carry children AND i he could give me a bikini incision! His confidence and assurance made me feel 100O% sure that i could put my uterus, future ability to carry children and life in his capable hands! During surgery he discovered I had not 10 but 38 fibroids!! The largest was 12cm! He expertly removed them ALL and saved my uterus! I was only in the hospital 1 night and was able to recover at home. He and his dream team gave me back my life and I am forever indebted to them!! If you have to have a Myomectomy there's really no reason to see anyone else! He is simply the BEST!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Amazing!!! He was my surgeon and he's my doctor, excellent care!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I highly recommend him! He was my surgeon and I was under excellent care!!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh is the best Dr. anyone can have. A great surgeon with a warm personality and really cares for his patient. He performed hysteroscopy on me with minimal pain. He explained things well and never rushes. His nurse and physician assistant are both as great. Dr Ascher-Walsh wants the best for his patient. If you ask me who is the best surgeon out there it will be the one and only Dr. Ascher-Walsh. Thank you Dr. you are the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I'm so happy to make a right decision: I went to see Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh, having choice to see two other surgeons. My co-worker recommended me to make an appointment with him. I did, but waiting time was long, Dr. Ascher-Walsh was the last one on my list. "Fortunately" for me, I was in a great, unbearable pain that day, got into ER where I was advised to have a surgery immediately. Moreover, doctors in ER (Coney Island Hospital) told me that it looks like I have a cancer. My son immediately took me to Mount Sinai Hospital the same night, called Dr. Ascher-Walsh asking him to see me. Doctor agreed to see me next day, month before my official appointment with him. It was the most pleasant appointment I had: Doctor was calm, smiled, joked, listened to me very attentively, read the papers with all test results I had, reassured me - he didn't see any cancerous issues with my ovary, said I need surgery to take out both ovaries with a huge old cyst that was cause of my several months pain. He said at my age it's better to take these organs out because the chance of cancer is higher after menopause. Doctor explained the surgery and it sounded like very easy procedure, he looked like its so "uninteresting" for him (better to have simple case than something complicated and interesting!) that I left him being happy and optimistic, without fear at all (I'm a coward by nature). In two weeks I had surgery. Everything was excellent: explanations, talking, warm atmosphere and Doctor smiling at me... I've been sleeping after surgery when Doctor called my son telling him how everything was done, the findings and results, no worries. Doctor took out only what was really necessary to get rid of. I had only two painkiller pills on the day of surgery. Next day - no pain at all! Yes, I was weak, but I walked by apartment and every day was improvement. In 9 days I went back to work like I had nothing at all. Amazing! We will recommend Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh to every woman with gyn. problems. Simply because he is the best. Best Person, best Doctor, best Surgeon. Thank you Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Outstanding, excellent, high achievement this doctor get over one million likes from me.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

HE IS PATIENCE & THROUGH PHYSICIAN;HIS STAFF IS POLITE & AWESOME

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

My wife had severe pelvic prolapse and was advised to see Dr. Ascher Walsh for corrective surgery. Dr. Ascher Walsh performed the surgery laparoscopically, without robotics, and my wife was completely cured and walking around with minimal pain just 24 hours later. My wife is usually a very slow healer, so any other way the surgery could have been performed would have resulted in a very long recovery time: months instead of days. Before the surgery, the exact extent and cause of the prolapse was not fully known. But during the surgery, Dr. Ascher Walsh was able to determine the exact extent and cause of the prolapse, and corrected it without doing anything unnecessary. Dr. Ascher Walsh is an excellent surgeon, and really seems to have the patient’s best interests at heart. He does not try to enlarge a procedure any more than actually necessary just for a larger fee.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I saw several GYN's through the years and had ok experiences. If you want thorough, brilliant, caring, and meticulous, see Dr. Ascher Walsh. I have a history of fibroids and underwent my first myomectomy many years ago with a different doctor. I was skeptical to undergo a 2nd surgery, however, it was the best option for me since I wanted to have children sooner than later. From beginning to finish, Dr. Ascher Walsh and his staff were wonderful. Not once did I feel nervous. He explained the surgical process in great detail and provided a copy of the report at my following appointment. He removed many fibroids. Recovery was fairly easy for me. Since the surgery, my periods are lighter, my cycles are normal and I feel great. He ALWAYS takes time to answer questions and ease your worries. The wait can be long, but it's well worth it because I know that he is answering all of his patient's questions in the back. His calm demeanor can make any nervous patient feel at ease. See for yourself-you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1995)

Workers Comp