Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh is the best Dr. anyone can have. A great surgeon with a warm personality and really cares for his patient. He performed hysteroscopy on me with minimal pain. He explained things well and never rushes. His nurse and physician assistant are both as great. Dr Ascher-Walsh wants the best for his patient. If you ask me who is the best surgeon out there it will be the one and only Dr. Ascher-Walsh. Thank you Dr. you are the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I'm so happy to make a right decision: I went to see Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh, having choice to see two other surgeons. My co-worker recommended me to make an appointment with him. I did, but waiting time was long, Dr. Ascher-Walsh was the last one on my list. "Fortunately" for me, I was in a great, unbearable pain that day, got into ER where I was advised to have a surgery immediately. Moreover, doctors in ER (Coney Island Hospital) told me that it looks like I have a cancer. My son immediately took me to Mount Sinai Hospital the same night, called Dr. Ascher-Walsh asking him to see me. Doctor agreed to see me next day, month before my official appointment with him. It was the most pleasant appointment I had: Doctor was calm, smiled, joked, listened to me very attentively, read the papers with all test results I had, reassured me - he didn't see any cancerous issues with my ovary, said I need surgery to take out both ovaries with a huge old cyst that was cause of my several months pain. He said at my age it's better to take these organs out because the chance of cancer is higher after menopause. Doctor explained the surgery and it sounded like very easy procedure, he looked like its so "uninteresting" for him (better to have simple case than something complicated and interesting!) that I left him being happy and optimistic, without fear at all (I'm a coward by nature). In two weeks I had surgery. Everything was excellent: explanations, talking, warm atmosphere and Doctor smiling at me... I've been sleeping after surgery when Doctor called my son telling him how everything was done, the findings and results, no worries. Doctor took out only what was really necessary to get rid of. I had only two painkiller pills on the day of surgery. Next day - no pain at all! Yes, I was weak, but I walked by apartment and every day was improvement. In 9 days I went back to work like I had nothing at all. Amazing! We will recommend Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh to every woman with gyn. problems. Simply because he is the best. Best Person, best Doctor, best Surgeon. Thank you Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Outstanding, excellent, high achievement this doctor get over one million likes from me.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

HE IS PATIENCE & THROUGH PHYSICIAN;HIS STAFF IS POLITE & AWESOME

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

My wife had severe pelvic prolapse and was advised to see Dr. Ascher Walsh for corrective surgery. Dr. Ascher Walsh performed the surgery laparoscopically, without robotics, and my wife was completely cured and walking around with minimal pain just 24 hours later. My wife is usually a very slow healer, so any other way the surgery could have been performed would have resulted in a very long recovery time: months instead of days. Before the surgery, the exact extent and cause of the prolapse was not fully known. But during the surgery, Dr. Ascher Walsh was able to determine the exact extent and cause of the prolapse, and corrected it without doing anything unnecessary. Dr. Ascher Walsh is an excellent surgeon, and really seems to have the patient’s best interests at heart. He does not try to enlarge a procedure any more than actually necessary just for a larger fee.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I saw several GYN's through the years and had ok experiences. If you want thorough, brilliant, caring, and meticulous, see Dr. Ascher Walsh. I have a history of fibroids and underwent my first myomectomy many years ago with a different doctor. I was skeptical to undergo a 2nd surgery, however, it was the best option for me since I wanted to have children sooner than later. From beginning to finish, Dr. Ascher Walsh and his staff were wonderful. Not once did I feel nervous. He explained the surgical process in great detail and provided a copy of the report at my following appointment. He removed many fibroids. Recovery was fairly easy for me. Since the surgery, my periods are lighter, my cycles are normal and I feel great. He ALWAYS takes time to answer questions and ease your worries. The wait can be long, but it's well worth it because I know that he is answering all of his patient's questions in the back. His calm demeanor can make any nervous patient feel at ease. See for yourself-you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Ascher-Walsh is hands down the most thorough OBGYN I have ever seen. I had a difficult case and he made the process easy to understand and his knowledge and experience helped me have the courage to go through with the procedure. He is both compassionate and professional. His staff was great as well.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Thank you for solving my issue, taking care of me pre and post op, and aimply being an expert at what you do. I am so fortunate to have found you, especially since I was given misinformation from another doctor. You're a prince and I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I had my surgery in 2013 and because of the number and location of fibroids, an open myomectomy was performed. As a registered nurse, I knew to do my research first and Dr. Walsh name always came highly recommended from physicians and patients. Before my surgery, I was severely anemic, had heavy menses with large clots that lasted for about 10 days, wore tampons with two pads, constantly bled through clothing while in public, often messed up car seats, mattresses, and passed out on 3 separate occasions during my menses. I often had nausea and once in a while severe pain that would prevent from working. When I met with Dr. Ascher-Walsh, he was warm, receptive, answered all my questions. I did not feel rushed. I felt comfortable immediately. During one of the visits, he showed the actual imaging (MRI) to me and explained what was going on. I was so impressed with his approach to patient teaching that I was convinced that I was in the best hands. His entire team was outstanding. In fact, one of the medical students smiled and held my hands as I walked towards the O.R; it was a beautiful gesture that meant so much. As I laid on the operating table, Dr. Ascher-Walsh asked me what kind of music do I like, and I told him Gospel. All of a sudden I heard beautiful gospel music, and then I started singing along and the next thing I heard was "Carol, we removed 53 fibroids." I walked away with a tiny bikini incision and no pain. Three years later, I am pleased to say that allowing Dr. Ascher-Walsh perform my surgery was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I no longer have accidents, my menses are short and light. I am no longer anemic, so no more fainting spells have occurred and haven't experienced nausea or pain. I've finally joined the tampons-only club, and feel free to wear whatever I want. I'm no longer a prisoner to long jackets that would hide my rear end, and girdle-like panties to support my bulky pads, and Macy's insurance no longer get those calls to remove the stain from my mattress. I am proud to recommend Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Ascher Walsh performed my myomectomy in November of last year. I am glad that I waited the 5 hours to see him on my first appointment instead of leaving because I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I had more than 60 fibroids (not a typo) and was severely anemic. He took the time to do a thorough consultation; I had seen another surgeon at NYU and she said I had five fibroids. Dr. Ascher-Walsh did an ultrasound and saw that her report was not accurate. He showed me where the fibroids were, how many there were and discussed my options for treatment. I had a laparotomy because of the amount of fibroids (I looked 3 months pregnant) and all I am left with is a small, neat bikini line incision. My primary GYN was surprised that the incision was so small given the amount of fibroids removed. Dr. Ascher-Walsh has a great bedside manner, his staff, Heather and Crystal are great with follow up and checked in on me after my surgery. Thank you to Dr. Ascher-Walsh and everyone in his office - I feel a million times better!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1995)