Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Hoffort

She is skilled at her job and cares about her clients in a genuine, authentic way.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr Lisa is a wonderful therapist. She truly cares for her clients and her compassion and ability to understand things has been life changing for me. Recovery is a long and hard journey but Dr Lisa was the first person in my life to show me that I was worth the hard work that recovery is. It was not always fun but it was an experience I am so grateful for.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

her attitude is about as out of this world as her price. Way overpriced. When I would tell her how I was feeling she would always say "feelings are not facts" and tell me my feelings are irrational so I should stop having them. It would be great if I could stop feeling anxious and depressed, but it was a very invalidating experience and made me feel even worse.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

She helped me see that my bingeing was not about the food. I don't know about the bad ratings, but she saw things my other therapists never helped me with. I think she is the best.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

Thank goodness somebody else had a bad experience with her! I check this website frequently to see if anybody else had bad experience and i was starting to think it was me! She is very cold mean and demeaning. when i was at the hospital she works at she was always yelling at the patients! Whe. i saw her privately we did a food challenge in her office and she was so snarky and made fun of me when i startex to cry while looking at the food.

Submitted August 29, 2012

Horrifically horrible. I saw her for 1 year, and while I thought she was the bees knees at first, over time if you don't make progress on her schedule, if you struggle with doing her DBT exercises she grows quickly irritated and frustrated and basically writes you off. As somebody with an eating disorder who went to her for help I didn't have the best confidence to begin with, after seeing her it is 1000x worse. I would highly recommend seeing somebody else.

Submitted August 28, 2012

VERY good with eating disorders. Saved me, and my family, from destruction

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

She is a certified eating disordered specialist and she is simply incredible as a therapist. very skilled in dbt and in talk therapy....if you want to get better see her!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012

Great for eating disorders and anxiety issues. Seen her for 2+ years, and am now almost ready to stop seeing her....she's given me my life back

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

AMAZING. I've never met anybody who cares so much and who is so good it's almost scary! I have a pretty severe eating disorder, and Dr Lisa specializes in treating patient's with EDs. I've seen Dr Lisa for less than one year and i've made more progress than i did in the past ten years with a bazillion other therapists.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr. Lisa M. Hoffort's Credentials

• Alliant International University (Grad. 2005)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pasadena, CA