Ratings for Dr. Vijay Khetpal

I have never experienced the total package in a doctor as I have with Dr Khetpal. He is extremely nice with the greatest bedside manner, as knowledgeable and intelligent as they come, explains everything very clearly and in detail while allowing me to ask questions and will stick around until all of my questions are answered, and he follows up with me to ensure everything is on point and going as planned. I was diagnosed with CNVM and prior to final diagnosis he pegged it as that immediately upon arrival at my first appointment. I was very scared and couldn't see. He worked me into his schedule, quickly diagnosed my problem, explained the available solutions, calmed my fears, and after leaving that first appointment I knew the long term prognosis and understood my treatment plans. His staff is great. He is far and away the greatest doctor I have ever seen, of any kind. I highly recommend Dr. Khetpal and drive an hour one way to see him, and would go farther if necessary. He's the best!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I was diagnosed with a retinal detachment and was send to him as an emergency on a Friday. I was referred to a doctor in Dallas but they could not do surgery till Monday. He came in after hours to see me and scheduled me for surgery right away. He was not on call but took time to explain the details of the surgery to me and my son. The gas bubble is gone from my eye and my vision is near normal. He saved my eye.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Khetpal after I was diagnosed with macular degeneration and was told I will go blind soon. He reassured me that with good treatment (eye injection) it is possible for me to retain my vision and even improve it. I am now 6 months into my treatment and I see much better. He put my fears to rest.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

I did not trust Dr Khetpal. He was too determined to get me to have surgery. He would tell me it was ok not to have the surgery on one hand, them seemed very frustrated and annoyed that I elected to postpone indefinitely. I finally had to tell him that I just could not take off that much time to do it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Vijay Khetpal's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

• BCBS Georgia