Ratings for Dr. Thomas Zahavi

As a human resources professional, I am highly aware of how well individuals, teams and organizations interface with their customers (in this case patients). I found the capability of Dr. Zahavi, his staff, and the entire practice to be of exceptionally high quality. Let's face it. Going to the periodontist didn't fill me with joy. But, Dr. Zahavi took the time to explain everything in detail. He also called after the surgery to see how I was doing. I had work done in two areas where he had to take tissue grafts from the roof of my mouth and suture them to the upper and lower gums. The top one looked great. The bottom one, although clinically solid, didn't look as well as he had hoped cosmetically. He offered to perform an additional (less invasive) surgery at no expense to me, and it looks fantastic. In addition, his assistant Dea made sure everything went smoothly before and after any visit, and both she and Alyssa did an excellent job explaining what was happening and reassuring me along the way. The entire staff communicates well and helps each other out. It is really a team atmosphere there, and everyone is welcoming, friendly and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Zahavi and the staff of Periodontal Health Specialists. Jim Brault, Rochester, NY

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

As a Family Nurse Practitioner and professor of Nursing I know quality care first hand! Dr. Thomas Zahavi is an excellent, meticulous and dedicated professional. After losing my front teeth in a motor vehicle accident he restored bone, gum tissue with expertise and placed strong implants that laid the foundation for excellent function (biting and chewing), aesthetics (looks), and pronunciation (especially “s” and “th”). If you are looking for a “top notch” peridontist and implant expert he is the professional for the job! The outcome was excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Zahavi and his excellent team! Joanne Stevens PhD, FNP-BC Associate Professor of Nursing University of Tampa

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Dr. Zahavi performed 2 implant surgeries with bone grafts with very little pain. He is very knowledgeable, takes the time to make sure you are comfortable and is very careful as to how you are feeling! His staff is exceptional and very helpful. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a periodontist.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I didn't like Dr. Zahavi's approach. I went for a second opinion with a different periodontist, and received affordable excellent treatment.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. provides excellet explanations and advice. Went out of his way to communicate and coordinate with other health care providers even after it was evident that he could not perform procedure.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Zahavi had my best interests in mind when suggesting a treatment. With a broken tooth he saw me right away, tried his best to save the tooth but I ended up with a dental implant. He is the best Dentist I had ever had, he works with confidence and tenderness. I am very much satisfied with the results.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010