Facebook Pixel

Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Espenshade

4
Staff
4
Punctuality
3
Helpfulness
4
Knowledge

This is just 3 months into recovery from surgery, but I do want to warn other patients that he is not the most adept surgeon. Size of incision was greater than another orthopedic surgeon's I had, and whoever formed the hard plastic support gave my skin a 2nd degree burn.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

4
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I have had two major surgeries with Dr. Matt and he has been excellent for both. He is caring, conservative, and is up front with prognosis. He is young, but that is a plus as he will be around for many years to come!! I have definitely recommended him to my family, friends and acquaintances. His entire group practice is heads above the other big practice in the area.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

3
Staff
3
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Espenshade. When 2 other doctors tried to tell me my knee injury that had been bothering me for over a year was nothing major, he was willing to see me and make sure he had tried everything to get me pain free. After he agreed to do surgery, I went from having nearly 24/7 pain, to being pain free about 85% of the time (my injury resulted in some arthritis so the remaining 15% isn't his fault) He is younger so he is very open minded and very up to date on the latest in the field. He is also conservative, he will not try to force you into surgery if it truly is not necessary or if other options may work just as well. He is very nice as well, I have many aches and pains due to former experience as a competitive gymnast and he never gets frustrated with me. I would recommend anyone in need of orthopedic help to Dr Espenshade, he has truly helped me tremendously!

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I have had numerous surgeries with this docotor and I have been very satisfied with his services. He is definitely not the kind of doctor that jumps into surgery unless it is necessary. He is very kind,knowledgable and takes time to explain things to you. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

1
Staff
1
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
1
Knowledge

I went to this doctor for my knees; he treated them with Synvisc which made me so sick I had to lie down in the doctor's office immediately after the shots. When that did not work, I told him I did not want surgery. So, he referred me to a physiatrist on my own. Well you cant go to this type of doctor on your own, your orthopedic doctor has to refer you. As a result, I called his office over and over for a referral. He refused to send my file over along with a referral. This occurred in 2012. To date 5/18/13, my knees are worsening and I cannot get a referral from this man to see a physiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Rate this Doctor

Dr. Matthew J. Espenshade's Credentials


Facility Affiliations


Accepting New Patients

Unavailable


Biography

Unavailable


Languages

Unavailable


Education

  • Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Other Specialties

Unavailable


Areas of Expertise

Unavailable


Awards & Recognitions

Unavailable


Publications & Research

Unavailable


Insurance accepted by this Doctor

Other patients have successfully used these insurance providers, please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield
GHI
Tricare


Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest health news and tips.