Ratings for Dr. Ronald S. Prehn

The staff and Dr Prehn are amazing!! I have had my mask for 4 days and it is amazing!!! I will be recommending this place to all my friends!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS SO-CALLED DENTIST FOOL YOU. He will charge you $4,000.00 and have no appointments available to treat you. Staff members do not know how to properly adjust the "splints" he make for you. He will only treat you for 6 months and then charge for appointments even though the treatment is completely ineffective. "If you meet with him he will convince you that he will do "all he can to accommodate" you but you will NEVER be able to get in to see him. His office is closed on Friday, he only sees new patients in the afternoon. His answer to the all of the pain and problems experienced by patients is to put them on medication. My daughter was put on steroids, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories and pain meds, not to mention the $4,000.00 splint, NONE of it worked. Please, please DO NOT be fooled by him.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I went to see Dr Prehn last year because of unbearable pain in my jaw which turned out to be TMJ. We were charged about $4000.00 on that first visit & told they had a member of staff who knew exactly how to 'word and code' reports so that our insurance company would re-reimburse us. I saw Dr Prehn for about 15 minutes during that first visit. They did a scan and he showed us the results (TMJ). I then had to go back again and be fitted for a mouth guard - it did nothing at all for me! After many more visits (and no improvements in the pain factor) I was told that the mouth guard obviously wasn't working! Well duh ... ! I'd told them that all along! After several months and many hours of (my) wasted time, the dental assistant/nurse/a lady told me I really needed surgery to correct it BUT .... Dr Prehn didn't/couldn't do that surgery!!! Way to go - eh? My husband did a lot of research and found a magical Doctor in downtown Houston who didn't blow any smoke up our a**** but within 2 months he carried out an Arthrocentesis procedure on me. After a couple of days and slight bruising I was 100% pain free! I still am to this day. I must add, the 'expert' on Insurance at Dr Prehns office didn't get us one cent back out of the thousands we paid on that first visit. One thing I found to be totally unprofessional too, was the fact that I never once saw Dr Prehn again after that first day Professionalism at a low level I think. A‘Take the money, and run!’ attitude. As nice a person as I know I am, I cannot put my hand on my heart and make any recommendation for Mr Prehn, and I am truly sorry to have to say that about you Sir.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I spent $4K on a mouthguard that caused me to have an open bite according to my general dentist. I was told I had small airway and shown a bunch of X-rays that was done on me that made no since at all. Kept pushing a sleep study. After my problem (tmj) still was not fixed after a solid year of adjusting appliance I was told they basically could not help me. I saw Dr Prehn twice in a year btw. I eventually w the help of my regular dentist figured out I had a bad fitting crown. It was replaced and with the help of a muscle relaxer I'm getting better. $4k for this kind of service is ridiculous. I'm sure he's wonderful if you snore and have apnea. Which I don't. Spent a fortune for nothing!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

The only treatment he suggested was too expensive and didn't help with my pain

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Great doctor and staff...the treatment changed my life for the better and was worth every penny.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Prehn has been tremendously helpful to me. I have severe TMJ arthritis and have had nearly constant pain for ~10 years. I have seen several different doctors who were never able to effectively treat it. Dr. Prehn understands TMJ arthritis better than any doctor I have known. He is an expert in the field, and has lowered my pain level tremendously. Before seeing him, I felt helpless and hopeless. Now I am doing much better. I need follow up orthodontics and likely surgery to stabilize my jaw and fix my bite, and he has referred me to and collaborated with the very capable orthodontists and surgeon involved. Dr. Prehn and his staff are also honest, reasonable, and compassionate. Treating a severe TMJ problem is a long and complex road of ups and downs. I suspect that some of the other reviewers here who were very negative are misdirecting their frustration on to the doctor when it is really more related to frustrations with pain and this inherently long road.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Highly disappointed in this place. Wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I went to Dr. Prehn because I had been diagnosed with TMJ, I paid 450.00 out of pocket, his office does not except insurance. After his staff assessed me, a secretary came in with an offer to finance future visits and Solent therapy, all work had to be paid for up front. I declined to do the financing, and sought treatment else where, only to find out that I do not have tmj at all. I have Triginal Neuralgia. If his office is so knowledgeable about tmj, how come they didn't know I didn't have it? I feel I wasted 450$ beware!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

Very disappointed because it was a waste of money and time! I paid him $385 for the first appointment and he offered to finance the remaining $3,600 with Capital One. The splint in my mouth did nothing to help my bite and I spent a year going back and forth to the office for "adjustments" and nothing worked. A friend referred me to her orthodontist Dr.James Watson and I have had braces for a year and I am having awesome results!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011