Ratings for Dr. Ross H. Hanchett

Dr Hanchett was not my dr and he did not deliver my baby but my dr was on vacation after I delivered my 3rd baby and Dr Hanchett was the on call dr. I suffered from postpartum hypertension and I was completely left alone. None of the drs or nurses even explained to me what the plan was. I was hospitalized for 6 days. After day 4, I threw a fit. I complained to the head nurse that no one was telling me anything and I was literally just sitting in this hospital room for days on end. The head nurse told me she would call Dr Hanchett. He came to my room while making his rounds and apologized. He explained to me what the plan was and then he continued to visit me for the next few days. Always explaining what was happening. Upon release from the hospital, he asked that I make a quick stop by his office the next day to make sure my blood pressure was still well controlled. He is a tough man and he does not have the best bed side manner but for my circumstances, he was exactly what I needed. I needed someone to be straight and harsh and to get me well enough to go home. He was excellent in my circumstances and I am so thankful for him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

My first appointment with Dr. Hanchett was this morning. and I was very nervous about seeing a new OBGYN. After 2-3 minutes of talking with him, I felt totally at ease. He is competent, easy to talk to, thorough in his examination, and genuinely concerned about the current and future health of his patients. You will have excellent care with Dr. Hanchett on your medical health team.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I picked Dr. Hanchett because he was the on call doctor for my sister when she delivered, and he was incredible! When I became pregnant it was a no brainer what doctor I'd be going to. He's wonderful and his office is wonderful as well!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Hanchett is an arrogant and strongly opinionated man. It's baffling how he chose a profession in which he's helping women with their physical and emotional needs. He is supposedly a good surgeon, so I choose him for my hysterectomy. Not only does he have atrocious "bedside manners," but he's rude and condescending. I've seen him a total of about half a dozen times and I'm completely done with the man. I'm surprised people like him. Honestly, I think people are choosing him because of the limited options now that the other two excellent doctors left the hospital. He is not a 5 Star doctor merely because if his skills with a knife. It takes a LOT more than that to be a good surgeon and he doesn't have that.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Well as a patient of dr ross hanchett I would have to say he's one of the best baby doctors I've had he is just amazing made me feel very comfortable at first I wasn't to sure about a male dr but he was very nice and didn't make me uncomfortable at all I had 2 operations 1 for cysts on my ovaries and one to save my baby he is just amazing at what he does so I would defenately recommend him for anyone you won't regret it

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Paradise is a small town, and I felt so fortunate to have such a caring and precise surgeon taking care of me. I have almost no scar following my complicated hysterectomy. He is very popular but he always made me feel like I could ask any question and took time to dispel any of my concerns. I don't usually write reviews, but after reading a couple off putting remarks here, I thought I would ease the minds of anyone else researching Dr. Hanchett. As a side note, he and Dr. Ron Ainsworth always do their surgeries together - the two best paradise doctors for the price of one. I knew I was in good hands!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Wonderful surgeon. I had ovarian torsion at 13 weeks pregnant and went to the ER twice in one day in excruciating pain. The ER doctors were about to discharge me for the 2nd time because my ultrasounds were showing no torsion. I spoke with Dr. Hanchett and explained my symptoms. I told him that I knew the tests were showing that everything was fine but I knew that there was something wrong. He agreed to operate and found an ovarian torsion that could have killed me and my 13 week baby. He removed a 9x7cm cyst, my ovary & fallopian tube with one small incision in my belly button. My baby and I are two weeks post op and both doing great! I was so blessed to have a doctor who was willing to listen to me when I was contradicting the tests! Thank you Dr. Hanchett.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

I regret going to Dr Hanchett for many reasons. It takes around 45 min to get in to see the doctor and then you have to wait and change rooms to see him. He never gave me the results to my tests even when asked including pap tests, ultra sounds, and blood work.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Hanchett for all ob/gyn care. I recently had a full hysterectomy. I felt very informed from the beginning to the end of my care with him. He was very caring and understanding, he answered all of my questions without making me feel like a burden.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Don't waste your time, unless you want an arrogant, dismissive approach to your health. I went in for sudden onset of extreme hot flashes (every 20 minutes, fatigue, light-headedness, with a very strong family history of heart disease and thyroid disease. I did my research in advance, all of which he dismissed using words like "dumb, stupid, useless". I asked for tests before he prescribed anything, the reply was "What for? I will just prescribe estrogen anyway." So I asked if he would refer me to an endocrinologist for the testing. He laughed and said, I quote, "They would think I was an idiot if I did that for your symptoms!" I again asked for testing. He said no, I prescribe Estrogen in standard doses, and walked out. I left in tears, vowing to never go back and to TRY and protect other women from being subjected to that kind of ignorance, arrogance, and dangerous medicine. I am trying to find a better educated, more integrative doctor; Naturopathic, Functional Medicine.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr. Ross H. Hanchett's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2011)