Ratings for Dr. Luisa Montaini-Klovdahl

I believe the most recent comment is likely from a family related to my work at the Veteran's Administration. The comment cannot be from my private practice. I am saddened to read that there was a negative impression. I do not have the ability to speak specifically about any patient. At the time of the written rating, I did not function as a therapist at the VA (January 2017 to April 2018). The work was likely related to Compensation Pension as an examiner. It does happen that some Veterans and family's are disappointed if they do not receive a specific diagnosis, because it often translates to a monthly disability financial payment. I have never been 20 minutes late for an appointment. I have been late twice at the VA of no longer than 10 minutes and it was due to distress and clinical needs of a Veteran and I do my best to apologize to the next scheduled Veteran and ensure the needs of the Veteran are addressed. Compensation and Pension work at the VA is not therapy. It is to examine/assess for diagnoses that meet DSM5 criteria. The reports are then sent to the VA Benefits Administration for disposition regarding if there is a disability and what the rating would be. It can be a difficult experience for Veterans, especially if they were hoping to receive a specific diagnosis and/or eventual disability rating from the VA benefits administration. Although I was not a therapist in the C&P position, and rather, functioned as an examiner, I did my utmost to provide a good experience for Veterans in hopes that they are more comfortable to continue treatment with a future therapist. I am extremely dedicated to our troops and Veterans! I am a Veteran myself and continue to serve in the Army Reserves. To learn that one of the Veterans I met had an upsetting experienced is disheartening, and I will take this information as a reminder of the difficulty many Veterans have in accessing and asking for mental health help.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

She is an excellent psychologist. My daughter has been seeing her for a couple years for Anxiety. She only goes to her now because she is on medication and has to be monitored. My daughter likes her very much.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011