Ratings for Dr. Kevin Gilbert

I went to Dr. Gilbert to have my tonsils removed. Everything went fine during my surgery and recovery until I got a cold my third week post op. I had checked my throat daily, up until this week. I noticed after the cold passed I was having trouble breathing and couldn't pronounce words right, they would end up mumbled. After looking at my throat it was so obvious my tongue had healed onto my throat and was blocking 85% of my airway/esophagus. 3 appointments later Dr. Gilbert still could not see what my dentist, and family medicine doctors saw immediately. My family medicine doctor thinks he either didn't know how to fix it, or didn't want to admit there was a problem to avoid being sued. I would not have sued, my surgery went fine, he cant help how people heal. But I was so mad he would not acknowledge a problem and fix it. I was so bad I told him I couldn't even vacuum without getting out of breath and having to sit down. I gave up with him and was referred to a new ENT by my family doctor who also noticed the issue right away. They were able to correct the issue through a second tonsil surgery.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2019

Dr Gilbert was so helpful and did a wonderful job on my 1 year old. Very trustworthy.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Dr. Gilbert is wonderful! I was having thyroid issues--not breathing well, enlarged thyroid, and nodule that kept filling with fluid. After a few visits to an Endocrinologist I went to see him. He was so kind, listened to all my concerns, and really went through my whole history. He didn't push surgery, which was amazing considering he's an ENT surgeon. He had me do several things before I decided to have my thyroid removed. He wanted to make sure everything else was ruled out. (I did a swallow test, several ultrasounds, etc. . .) After a time, we decided it was in my best interest to remove the thyroid. What a relief! I'm doing so well now. He called me many, many times after my surgery to be sure I was feeling alright. I would highly recommend him. Don't be scared away by his age :) He's young, but extremely knowledgable and willing to work through all concerns!!! My daughter now needs her tonsils out. I will be taking her to see him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

knowledgeable, explained things so I understood. Not eager to operate or heavily medicate before trying other options

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr. Kevin Gilbert's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Molina