Ratings for Dr. Clayton D. Skaggs

Dr. Skaggs knowledge of the human body is frankly unparalleled. I am a long time athlete with experience at the Division One level and at the professional level. His treatment of soft tissue injuries is shockingly effective. I have seen PTs, Doctors of all specialties and chiropractors all over the country at one point or another during my career as an athlete. I have never received treatment as effective as the treatment performed by Dr. Skaggs and his staff at any other location in the country.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I'm sorry the other person that reviewed Dr. Skaggs had a problem but I will say that is NOT the norm. I have been seeing Dr. Clayton Skaggs since about 1997. Every time I have had an issue which has ranged from TMJ to low back issues (which with the Herrington rod in my back gets complicated) to elbow pain, he has not only been able diagnose and treat, but teach me skills to fix and avoid reoccurrence. He knows more than any other doctor I have encountered and can solve problems that have stumped others docs of a variety of specialty. He's not cheap, but if I can get a problem solved and be pain free when others have offered surgery as a best course . . . I have NO complaints!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Clayton Skaggs will go down in history as the only doctor to charge me $120 for a referral — to his own office! Originally I saw Dr. Skaggs to recommend a specialist in Columbia, Mo., where I lived at the time. After failing to find one, Skaggs recommended that I find a way to keep trekking to his office. In other words, to continue driving two hours from Columbia to be treated by one of his people. And then he charged me $120 for this wondrous suggestion. Next Skaggs wouldn't answer my calls or emails to discuss. Finally I ambushed him and managed to talk him down to $80. The only doctor in Skagg's office whom I trusted has since branched out on his own. Given the shoddy people skills in that outfit, I can't say I'm surprised.

Submitted July 22, 2011