Dr. Jon C. Uggen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jon C. Uggen

Very pleased with Dr. Uggen. He listened to me and answered all my questions. Staff very polite and professional

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

Great experience with Dr. Uggen and his staff. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

I had my knee replaced by Dr. Uggen. He did a great job. Very helpful staff as well.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. Uggen performed direct anterior hip for me and I could not be happier. I was up and walking the same day as surgery.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. Uggen did a knee replacement for me and I could not be more pleased with my results. Thank you Dr. Uggen and to your team !!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

I had bone on bone arthritis in my hip. Dr. Uggen performed the anterior approach to hip replacement for me. My hip now feels great and I had a very fast recovery. Thanks to Dr. Uggen and his team!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Dr Uggen and his PA Mindy are both wonderful. He took very good care of me and I recommend him for anyone looking for a great orthopedic doctor.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Great orthopedic doctor. I recommend Dr. Uggen for anyone interested in direct anterior total hip replacement

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Great doctor! I recommend Dr. Uggen for anyone looking for direct anterior total hip replacement

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I recommend Dr. Uggen for anyone seeking total hip replacement. I have had both of mine done this year and have recovered quite nicely. I no longer have any pain and walk on my own without any help! He is an amazing doctor and has an awesome staff!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Jon C. Uggen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jon Uggen is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon fellowship trained in Adult Reconstruction/Total Joint Replacement Surgery. He has experience in the latest procedures including the less invasive/muscle-sparing anterior approach for total hip replacements, unicondylar knee arthroplasty (partial knee replacement), and complex total joint revisions. In addition, he offers multiple orthopaedic services including sports medicine, arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee, trauma/fracture care, and other soft tissue procedures. Dr. Uggen is a native of Kalamazoo, MI and is the second generation in his family to practice orthopaedic surgery. He received a Bachelor of Science in Biology from The University of Michigan and received his medical degree from Midwestern University in Chicago. While in medical school, Dr. Uggen was awarded a fellowship with the New York Arthritis Foundation. There he performed research with his brother, also an orthopaedic surgeon, and received top national honors for his research. Following medical school, he completed a five-year orthopedic surgery residency at Garden City Hospital, an affiliate of Michigan State University. Dr. Uggen was awarded a one year Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction Total Joint Replacement Surgery Fellowship at the world-renowned Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute in Alexandria, VA. During fellowship, Dr. Uggen studied and learned the innovative techniques of minimally invasive total knee replacement, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, anterior approach to total hip replacements, and complex hip and knee revision arthroplasty. He continued with his research interest during his fellowship and has co-authored several papers and textbook chapters in total joint replacement. Dr. Uggen started practice in 2013 in Omaha and Fremont, where he served as the Medical Director for the Joint Replacement Program at Fremont Health. He also served as the Medical Director for Fremont Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Clinic. He joined Methodist Physicians Clinic Orthopaedics in the Spring of 2017. Dr. Uggen’s father, a retired orthopaedic surgeon, and his mother, a retired registered nurse, helped instill the core values of Dr. Uggen’s orthopaedic practice. His philosophy is to care for every patient to the best of his ability and treat them like a member of his family. His goal in joint replacement is to restore quality of life to his patients by relieving pain and restoring function through joint replacement and other non-surgical treatment options. He believes a well-informed patient will approach a surgical procedure and postoperative experience with greater enthusiasm and less apprehension. In his free time, Dr. Uggen enjoys spending time with his wife and two young daughters. He also enjoys outdoor activities, hunting, camping, water sports, kiteboarding, skiing, and traveling.

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Michigan (Grad. 2001)

• Hip replacement