Dr. Leonard J. Cerullo

Ratings for Dr. Leonard J. Cerullo

Dr. Cerullo the "Gentle Giant" saved my life after being hit by a bus that ran a red light, pushed me into a bus. With so many injuries I was not expected to live. I would never go anywhere else Thank You for never giving up on me and always teaching others not to either. Your research, bedside manor, skill and style is World Class. Gave me such a life ...why go to another center of excellence?

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Waited about 10 minutes, got 15 minutes of his time. His office lost my MRI scans. Said they never received them, but I had a tracking number and a signature. They mysteriously popped up about 2 weeks later. Subsequently lost every form I faxed or mailed to the office. His assistant does not return phone calls or call when he says he will. He does not submit paperwork to providers as instructed. The prescription for a custom back brace was miscoded and I am still waiting for a replacement (3 weeks later) or at least a phone call telling me if it will be replaced. Seven spinal fractures and significant delay of treatment. No compassion, concern, or reaction from staff. Still trying to reach his assistant. Overall, looking at 2+ months of unnecessary suffering and being bedridden because the staff in this office are inept and do not follow through. If this isn't negligence, I don't know what it. There are plenty of specialists in Chicago. Choose another one.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

He was personal and put confidence in me going into surgery. Had (2)surgeries a number of years ago and one of the best neuro surgeons and staff I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Perhaps he became a fine doctor, but count your blessings that you didn't need him during his residency. We did and it ended very badly. Never an explanation. Too bad we were so young and didn't make sure this didn't happen to another family. Changed our lives and not in a good way.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

I feel so blessed to have found Dr. Cerullo. After seeing other physicians and another neurosurgeon regarding arm pain he was able to finally properly diagnose my problem. He advised intensive physical therapy on my neck and now my pain is gone. He also was concerned about a meningioma in my brain that another neurosurgeon had dismissed. He advised keeping a close eye on it and doing periodic MRIs to see if it had grown. Another neurosurgeon felt this was overkill and unnecessary. Dr. Cerullo was correct. 9 months after finding this tumor it had grown. Dr. Cerullo has treated me with such respect, concern and compassion. He is so accessible and even gave me is personal cell phone number and told me to call with any questions regarding my surgery. He returned my call promptly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Dr Cerullo is probably the best surgeon for nuero brain tumors. I would trust Dr. Cerullo with my life, my friends lives, and any one in my family. Great Dr. that is up to date on all the modern technology. He saved my life and I'm positive he will save your life to if you have any nuero problems / brain tumors.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Dr.Cerullo took care if my father when he was 84. My dad had arthritis and it was affecting his spine. Know one wanted to do the surgery because of his age. I wrote Dr. Cerullo telling him my father was in perfect health outside of that problem. He had my father moved to Columbus Hospital at the time and my father did fine with the surgery. My dad lived another 13 years to make it to 97. Doctor Cerullo gave my father another 13 years without pain from his spine. I will always be grateful for his help when we needed it the most. He is a wonderful doctor. He is compassionate.We will always be grateful for the care of my dad Bruno Romano family. Thank You Dr. Cerullo

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable, efficient, uses supporting staff from other disciplines. Problem promptly diagnosed.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr.Cerullo saved my life. My tumor was large, spread and I was in danger. His team acted compassionately and gently and with the greatest professionalism.I need more surgery and will fly into Chicago to have him as my surgeon once more. He is the best in the world. Well known, well respected, greatly admired by his peers. RP

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Leonard J. Cerullo's Credentials

• Spanish

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1970)