Ratings for Dr. Mark P. Hyde

Dr. Hyde was a god send for me. He is medically skilled and knowledgeable AND has a great personal touch to make you feel at ease and confident that the medical issues you are facing can be handled/fixed. Dr. Hyde was assigned to me when my obgyn of 18 years retired. I wish I had switched to Dr. Hyde earlier. The staff at VPFW is also excellent. Any phone calls I made asking for Dr advise was handled professionally and promptly - call backs typically take less than 1 hr or at most 3 hrs on rare occasions.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Reading these negative comments make me angry and sad at the same time. I have been seeing Dr Hyde for 24 years. I started at this practice under someone else and switched to him after my Dr went out on medical leave while I was pregnant. I ended up having issues throughout my pregnancy and almost cried at the gentleness, kindness and caring bedside manner he consistently displayed through it all. Now 24 years later I still feel the same way. He cares about his patients and displays that on a regular basis. His advice or suggestions are always in my best interest. His nurse has always been very courteous and nice. I would have to say that if anyone had a horrible experience with him, they would probably need to look into the mirror and evaluate their own behavior. I would recommend and suggest seeing Dr Hyde to all my friends and their daughters. I trust his judgement and integrity with my life and with my children.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Hyde is an amazing and incredibly knowledgeable doctor. I have been his patient for almost 10 years now and couldn't fathom seeing anyone else. He is always very respectful, caring, honest and maintains the highest standards of safety and integrity. I have been to many different OBGYNs in the area and in my opinion he is by far the best!! He and his staff made my pregnancy journey and delivery the most wonderful experience! I do not understand or relate to any of these negative reviews about him and I know many of his patients who has nothing but positive things to say about him.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

Dr. Hyde delivered my son in 2004, he did a surgery on me twice and I thank him for saving my life.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr.hyde delivered all three of my babies, but with my last I wasn't very thrilled with him because I am always overdue with my babies and my second and third babies were overdue, but the last baby I had, I knew that my due date should be around middle if the month, and dr. Hyde's chart showed that, but my ultrasounds are always off, so when the ultrasound showed my due date in the beginning of the month I told him it was wrong, he didn't listen, when my due date has come he told me I was to be induces like my second child I refused and he said he would let me go past my due date for a week and after that I have to be induced, and if I didn't like it, I have to find another doctor! There I was, time to give birth and him telling me to find another doctor, I was so upset, I stayed with him and scheduled for induction and prayed for natural labor to come. I ended up jumping and doing anything possible to going into labor. In the end, I came in with contractions, and he still induced me!!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Very shocked with the negative comments I have read. I have been seeing Dr. Hyde for several years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the early parts of my 20's. Not one Dr. That had seen took the time to explain to me what this was and help me come up with a treatment plan to control the pain. I have had 2 surgeries under him and have another coming up at the end of this year as part of my treatment plan. He has been very courteous, calming, and respectful every time I have seen him. He always takes the time to fully explain what the steps of the procedure will be and answer all if mine and my husbands questions fully. I have recommended him to many of my friends.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

He is awful as a doctor. He is very likeable as a person but terrible doctor. I had problems for over a year and when I finally started sobbing in his office he said to come back and they'd do another test. Well low and behold, what I said was going onwas going on and he was pompous enough to tellme he was glad he had me come back. Um no, he had me come back so he could shut me up for good. Fast forward a year and I was pregnant and he told me my birth had to be done his way. I switched immediately and it was the best decision. I always discourage people from using him. He is only in it for himself.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I had a neutral experience with the actual doctor. I had read a few reviews which sang his praises and thought that I'd give him a try, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out if he was worth it. Staff members were a sufficient deterrent for me to seek care elsewhere. A nurse should not withhold information regarding test results. Being surprised that a patient wants the actual data and then being uncooperative in providing that information is simply unacceptable. I am not an idiot, but I sure was treated like one. Rude behavior is unacceptable, at least when the patient is being polite (which is my policy, nothing is gained by being rude). Ignoring a patient's concerns and then providing inaccurate information, within the realm of your specialty, is also unacceptable. These experiences, combined with a general attitude that I was just another number which they all had to deal with, made for a very negative impression.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Wow - I am also shocked by what I read about Dr. Hyde. He delivered both of my kids - I consider myself super lucky. He is funny and witty. He will tell you what you need to hear - it may not always be what you want to hear but he delivers the information in a thoughtful, concerned manner with a plan in mind. I recommend him to EVERYONE - trust me - he's the best around.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Mark P. Hyde's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1989)

MVP Health