Ratings for Dr. Antonia L. Cotwright

I was a walk in VBAC as i went into labor early and was not able to see my OB. Aside from the disrespectful way she spoke to me she directly violated my DEMAND not to be touched. I refused permission for her to force me to birth reclined. I was pulled to the end of the table by force. I refused connect to have her reach inside my body to manually put traction on my placenta. As a VBAC such traction was much more dangerous than the tear she was in a rush to stitch. It took me 6 months of care from another provider to repair the damage she did with her stitching she did. She was rough and used thread that was FAR to thick. aproxapatly 18 gage running stitch. She treated me this was after being told by my husband that I had been sexually abused in the past and it was important to be respectful when touching me. There were no warnings before she reached in my body.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014