Elizabeth Marmaras

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Elizabeth Marmaras

Dr. Maramas has been an amazing, positive force in my life. She is incredibly empathetic and creates an atmosphere where I feel I can explore without judgment, but also challenges me in a way that can be painful, but is always necessary. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Marmaras for only a few months so far. However, I have found it quite easy to share and experience treatment in a seamless and safe environment. She is caring, an amazing listener and someone you can trust is there to help you. I believe in therapy, but it only works when you both (Dr. and Patient) are willing to put in the work. Dr. Marmaras puts in the work and I am grateful. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Dr. Marmaras for over a year now and I cannot thank her enough for the amazing work she’s doing. She is truly passionate in her work and knowledgeable. As many of us are, I was hesistant to seek therapy but she provides such a safe place for you to discover yourself. I highly recommend her to anyone experiencing relationship issues with self and others. I look forward to continuing my work with her!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

I've had the pleasure of working with Dr Marmaras for over six months now, and I've seen a positive transformation in essential areas in my life in how I relate to myself and show up in my relationships with my parents, partner, friends. She's highly skilled, intuitive, empathetic, and genuinely cares about my well-being and growth. She's non-judgemental and unafraid to discuss "sticky" topics to help me grow. The longer I work with Dr Marmaras, the more confident and at peace, I am with myself (an invaluable outcome on its own). I love Dr Marmars and have enormous respect for her, and highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Marmaras is extremely warm, patient, empathetic, non-judgmental, and knowledgeable. In a short period of time, Dr. Marmaras has helped me develop a sense of confidence, agency, and happiness. She's helped me shift my way of being and seeing myself and my relationships to others including my parents, partner, and colleagues. I trust her and know that she understands me and fully cares about my well-being and is always there to help me live my best life. I loved working with her and highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

Dr. Marmaras is extremely caring and knowledgeable. She has not only provided me a deeper understanding of how I view myself and how I approach life but she also taught me a lot about relationships. I can only recommend her outstanding counseling.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

D. r Marmaras is intuitive, knowledgeable, warm, perceptive and obviously cares for her patients. Due to my work with her in a short while, I am more aware of what is going on in all areas of my life, developed healthier relationships, I ,look for meaning and purpose in my life, get along with my boyfriend and understand why we got stuck and how to get out of the conflicts and circles.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Elizabeth is extremely insightful and perceptive. One can truly see that she cares.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Marmaras is an amazing therapist .When I first spoke to her,I had many problems in my relationships at work and in my personal life. I acted impulsively and blamed others. She helped me learn how to take responsibility for my actions, how people triggered me and how I triggered them. Now I do not judge I have compassion and my relationships have changed because I did. That is a very powerful turn around for me.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I have known Dr. Elizabeth Marmaras in a professional capacity for several years, participating in different ongoing professional supervision groups where clinicians consult with one another about their cases. We have also taken several professional courses together and we both offer pro-bono/public services to the non-profit organizations. Consequently, I am quite familiar with her theoretical and training background and clinical work, and have benefitted not only from her sharing her work but offering thoughtful, astute feedback and support on other professionals’ cases. Her feedback has helped me tremendously with my own cases. She is also very receptive to others’ feedback and suggestions of other colleagues. She is very warm, collaborative, compassionate, transparent and open minded. She has extensive training in many modalities, including psychoanalysis. In my observation and opinion, she upholds the highest professional ethics and boundaries, and approaches her work with tremendous dedication and seriousness. She embraces patients’ struggles non judgmentally and with deep caring and respect. She is extremely committed to her profession, to her own ongoing professional development and to the empowerment of her patients. She empowers them not to judge themselves, but rather to give voice and express their thoughts and feelings vs act them out so that they can integrate all of their experiences, develop deeper relationships and find purpose and meaning in their lives. I have learned so much from Dr. Marmaras’ work, professional feedback and collaboration. She inspires me to do my own work with seriousness, thoughtfulness and commitment.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Elizabeth Marmaras's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

-NYC Licensed Psychologist; Board Certified Clinical Psychologist; Psychoanalyst; Transformation Coach -Visionary catalyst for pattern recognition and deep lasting change -Effective in inviting/brining simplicity and humor in complex dynamics -Fiercely passionate about empowering clients to: stand in full self and self-other knowing, and in own self worthiness; , fully awaken and create a life filled with joy, love, fun and meaningful connection/relatedness. -Values: Transparency, authenticity, directness; humility and mutuality -Non judgmental empathic stance, soulful understanding; deep heart wisdom; immense intuitive knowing; -25+ years of clinical expertise fostering psychological healing, immense growth and deep transformation -Doctorate degree in clinical psychology; post masters in family and couples therapy; coach training -Culturally/gender sensitive -Enjoys tranquility; music; theater; arts; travel, hiking; water; sunrise/sunsets; soulful connections

• Greek