Ratings for Dr. Eric S. Hazelrigg

STAY AWAY! This Dr. will lie to you! If your thinking of having an edometrial ablation, look for a Dr. that has more knowledge and cares about their patients. He has 3 stars for a reason! He lie to you about the amount of pain and discharge of bleeding and clear fluids. "2 week to 3 weeks you should be fine" just kidding "4 weeks" and you should be fine....well it depends on your body. The smell and the discharge continue to this day and we are now into week 4, this Dr. is on vacation and the other Dr. in the office wont have time for you. I hope this Dr. has a good lawyer because mine is going to be calling his office. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He only has one asst/MA who is impossible to get in touch with and seems to be the only one other then him who can answer anything about anything. she is also very impersonal, walked 2 yards ahead of my husband and I when we would go back, never asked how I was etc. He is very nice but feel like his information he would give me was rehearsed and not personal esp considering it was my first pregnancy. He always sounded annoyed when my husband would give any input or correct me when I had spouts of prego brain. I was also a bit uncomfortable with how his MA would not pay attention during my vaginal exams and leave the room while I was still bottomless. My husband was also a bit unsure about how he would pull my pants down lower instead of asking me to do it and would wipe off the gel from my belly when conducting fetal heart beat vs giving me the towel to clean myself considering some gel got pretty low. My daughter ended up being delivered by another OB who covers for WCH a few shifts a month and I will be going to her for my current pregnancy.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I think Eric Hazelrigg is a good doctor and saw him before I was pregnant with my first. He is very nice and understanding. However I ended up leaving in the middle of my fourth pregnancy because of how his office is run. The office staff acts very annoyed and jaded if you call in between regularly scheduled visits with concerns. He and his assistant do not return phone calls in a timely manner (two days sometimes). The office has a phone tree system when you call that does not work half the time and the employees do not unroll the phones on time (you'll get their after hours message 30 minutes past when they're open). After two miscarriages in a row, I needed a doctor that was easier to get in touch with when I had concerns in between appointments. I also have concerns with the in house blood draw ladies not following the orders with the doctor on call never returning a call. All serious red flags. I do not know why a good dr like that stays at such a poorly run office.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Hazelrigg since 2005. He has been my dr for both my pregnancies and about to go on my thrid. He is an amazing Dr.!! Very informative and him and his assistant always called me back when I had any questions or concerns with my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Dr. Hazelrigg performed a "routine" laparoscopy on me to determine if I had endometriosis. I learned later that my surgery was perfomed on the same day he was leaving for vacation. During the surgery, he punctured my bladder in two places (not really focused on what he was doing.) 4 days later, I had to have an emergency laparotomy to fix my bladder. I almost died and I was in the worst pain of my life. His partners had to take care of me since he was on vacation and all of them were mortified. One told me he was embarrassed to work with him. My terrible experience wasn't enough for the medical board, though. Please refer to the board of medical examiners in Arizona to see that he was only "reprimanded" for letting a baby die. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Doc is very arrogant and assistant is rude. I saw this doc for ablation surgery to reduce cramps and pain. Waited 1 hour for anesthesiologist, who was running late. He showed up in flip flops and a motorcycle helmet in his hand. They all seemed in a big hurry. When I left the office i chose not to get more pain meds. I believe I was almost in shock when i got home. The pain was the worst thing I have ever experienced. Worse than than 2 childbirths. I was completely out of it and couldn't stop shaking and crying, keeled over on the floor for 4 hours till I finally passed out. Husband called twice and was told to give ibuprofen and just wait it out. When I went for a follow up, I had a horrible infection and when I asked the assistant about the type of ablation he did, she very rudely said "You got the info before the procedure" like I was stupid to ask. I still dont have this answer. Surgery was a failure. 2 Doctors later, both recommending hysterectomy. My condition worse than ever.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Hazelrigg's for over 10 years. He is a very attentive and accessible physician. I've seen him for issues ranging from UTIs and hormone imbalalnces, to pregnancy. I've been thrilled with my level of care over the years.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

http://www.azmd.gov/glsuiteweb/clients/azbom/Public/Profile.aspx?entID=1622486&licID=188679&licType=1 truth is in his medical board information..

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

this comment box will not give me enough room to comment on the horrifically callous & cold nature of the staff/dr/& esspecially the assistant jenny.i was just explained to as if i were an ignorant child or some poor confused woman that i miscarried. definitely in not so many words.upon my visit to the office i felt more like i was at a psyche exam than a prenatal visit.i simply needed a blood test as i had a previously positive blood test followed by bleeding/a positive urine/a negative urine.when my urine came back negative in their office the assistant jenny treated me as if i were actually trying to steal a bag of early pregnancy supplies she had given me before my results were found!she took the bag under the pretense of holding it for me!nice way to treat over all patient care!im crying infront of her & she's concerned about a cheap canvas bag of prenatals?when she called me this morning for my blood results she stated "you are not pregnant" instead of "your test was negative"...

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Eric S. Hazelrigg's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1990)