Dr. Matthew Lemaitre

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
1 review

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Lemaitre

My primary surgeon was Dr. Silvia Fresco, Dr. LeMaitre was her assist. However, I have seen Dr. LeMaitre more than her because of the way my post-op appts. have been scheduled. I also got to know him pretty well from when I was discharged from the hospital after my surgery. He happened to be the covering doctor that weekend which was also a long holiday weekend. Believe me I was in contact with him with many questions following my discharge. He never seemed to mind me bothering him a few times over that weekend. His kind, comforting way about him makes you feel so much better after speaking to or seeing him. I would highly recommend him & this Bariatric group of surgeons at Bayshore Hospital. The staff is just as wonderful also. So helpful & attentive to any of the concerns you may have. I have nothing but wonderful accolades when speaking of this group of professionals.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr. Matthew Lemaitre's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Matthew LeMaitre is a board certified general surgeon. He completed his surgical training at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Massachusetts, where he was named chief surgical resident. Dr. LeMaitre also finished fellowship training in advanced laparoscopic bariatric and minimally invasive surgery at Hackensack University Medical Center. He focuses on minimally invasive and bariatric surgery, including revisional bariatric surgery, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric band and gastric bypass. Dr. LeMaitre speaks French, Spanish and Russian. Dr. LeMaitre actively participates with the support groups and is always accessible to patients.

• English