Ratings for Dr. Owobamishola A. Shonowo

Sr. Shonowo is the best OBGYN I've ever been to. She makes you feel 100% comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr. Shonowo is truly amazing, she takes her time with you and addresses any concern you may have. Also staff are very friendly make you feel like family.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

They are friendly but incompetent with the medical issue I have. I called 2x at the office addressing if Dr. can do the procedure? They assured me yes. Made an appointment, came to the office, removal Nexplanon BC procedure was done, 4 hrs later, the staff called & said they can't do the new insertion BC because her certification expired. I had to ask for a recommendation who is not certified as well. Needless to say, I called my insurance to complain. Now, I am looking for another certified DR who can do the insertion now. This could have been prevented if the staff was knowledgeable when I addressed this on my calls. (plural) I know this procedure is only done by certain doctors. I didn't like it that they never confirmed her certification was expired! I wish they didn't waste my time. I could've gone to a doctor who will do the removal and insertion. She's getting 2 stars because of that. The staff to be trained in all medical issues like this. Another noted: But if you are looking for a regular one, she can do. She's friendly and with beside manner.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I've only gone to her a handful of times, but I was looking to switch and from the moment I met her, I knew I'd be comfortable in her care. It helps that she's very attentive and knowledgeable on top of that. For me, it's important to have a doctor who helps you work through the concerns that you have and feel more at-ease. As I was going through my miscarriage, she made sure she worked with me and alleviated any concerns that I had vs just telling me what to do. I know for sure that I will want her to deliver my baby, if I ever have the opportunity. Her medical assistant is superb and really knows what she's doing, but her front desk needs a bit more help and stability. Overall, I'm very happy that I made the switch and will continue to see her only.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Extremely professional and thorough. She spent over 30 minutes talking and explaining my options. Finally found someone who cares and is knowledgeable and not just a baby delivery service.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I love her office she delivered my second son. I'm working on the second one now and wouldn't want any one else. No complaint on my end.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I find Dr S and Alba to be helpful. I like that she is a single practitioner. The reason I left my old GYN is bc it got too big. They lose sincerity when they no longer know you. I even don't mind the rule that you MUST follow up IN THE OFFICE after any testing. Not doing so is PATIENT lack of responsibility. I have however, had issues with getting through. But Alba saw a missed call and called me right back. Perhaps a receptionist part time and answering service may be helpful. But I still love me that office!!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

The perfect example of medical negligence!!! If I could give her zero I would but one is the lowest available. She is so unprofessional.

Submitted September 7, 2014

Dr. Shonowo is the most unprofessional OB I have ever went to. I went to her based on her very positive reviews, the first appointment was ok. However, I recently had an emergency and tried to reach her office over 10 times on weekdays. I even left messages on the doctors cell phone that they give out for emergencies, forget about not picking up the phones the staff or the doctor did not even consider giving me a call back to check up on me. She goes on vacation and does not have a covering physician! If you ever have an emergency she will not be available. I suggest all new patients who plan to get pregnant go to a bigger practice where there will be a covering physician available. I will never recommend her or go back to her!I am currently calling the medical board to see if there are any penalities for not having a covering physician, as far as I know my new OB and ER doctor told me it is illegal not to have a covering physican in New Jersey!

Submitted November 27, 2013

Good Doctor, we are glad we took the chance and switched to her. Highly recommended, you will get the best possible treatment, care and time you deserver.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Owobamishola A. Shonowo's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1999)

HealthPartners