Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Berkman

Dr berkman is not only a superb doctor but there's no better doctor to have along this beautiful journey of watching your child develop . He and his staff are making it very difficult for me - as I have now moved to Long Island and just found out i'm pregnant ;) and am in the process of trying to find a doctor comparable to Dr Berkman - it's a hard task ;( -

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Berkman is a great doctor and an even better human being. He has great bedside manner with a comical personality, but is very sincere and knows when to be serious. He is very knowledgeable, and never seems to be stumped - regardless of teh situation. Would definitely recommend to others.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

He is absolutely the BEST! Explains everything in details and quite frankly just overall a great doctor. I'm glad I found him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. B. is a wonderful human being and one of a dying breed of doctors who are doctors because they care about people and helping sick people. He is so kind and caring and smart and just the true definition of a doctor the way a doctor should have to be in order to sit for the medical boards. I have been seeing doctor B. forever and have followed him from NY to NJ. I had two babies under his care and they are nearing the end of their school careers now. I would not go to anyone else unless he retired. I travel a bit to see him, buyt it is worth it. I LOVE THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

Dr. Berkman is an amazing doctor! He has a very warm and caring bed side manner. I'm almost seven months pregnant, nearing the end of my second trimester. A week ago, I had to have my gall bladder removed and I didn't have much choice. Dr. Berkman guided me through the whole procedure in detail. When I was in the hospital for my inital gall bladder attack, he came in twice within the same morning and he held my hand because he knew how scared I was. When I had the surgery, he was present the whole time. I was sent home in the same day because the surgery was a complete success! He even called the next day to check up on me. He's very kind and considerate!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

I have seen Dr. Berkman for many years ... He is one of the best Gyno's I have ever had... Wish he was still in my area!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr Berkman took his time to explain the medical details. He has a sense of humor to help the patients relax.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

OMg where do I start?!? Lets see, he is rude obnoxious, poor bedside manner, talks on his cell phone while working with you, unprofessional, unknowledgable..oh and after he delivered my son (cause i got stuck with him as my OB when i gave birth) he decided it would be fun to stitch up my episiotamy without numbing the "area" and even though i was only 4 cm dialated, he wouldnt get me the epidural because he said "i was laboring too fast"!! And then top it off with an awful infection (endometritus) because he left some cotton in me..ewww! He oviously has NO IDEA how to do his job!! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Office very unprofessional, rude,and irresponsible! Screwed up my appointments on more than one occasion I showed up the doctor didn't! Had a serious medical issue was suppose to be scheduled for surgery as advised by Dr. Berkman, kept calling office and doctor never returned my phone calls had to get another doctor. Office Manager was nasty as if I where bothering her, the nerve! Unethical irresponsible office!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. Steven R. Berkman's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1971)

Top Hospitals in Woodbridge, NJ