Ratings for Dr. Ruby A. Dollins

Terrible experience. Don't go here...I returned to my Doctor in San Diego and was informed that most of the work Dr. Dollins recommended was not needed. The crowns and veneers that I did have doneby my doctor in San Diego did at a fraction of the cost and he did better work. Dr Dollins could not get me numb even after several injections, she could not find the trigeminal nerve that is needed to numb the back tooth, so the crown she did was very painful and it never did sit right and I had pain for 6 mos to a year after the work was done. I was refereed here to have my mercury amalgam fillings removed, but she had a hard time with the rubber dam and it fell off during the procedure. She however, continued to use the hand piece and the old amalgams went down my throat so I was ingesting them. I kept pointing out the need to the rubber dam the best I could and she ignored me. She has this state of the art set up to see the work on a screen as she is pointing out what is needed that lures you to think she is a qualified biological dentist. Well unfortunate for me I found out the hard way it was just a ploy to get you to get extensive work. When I returned to my dentist in San Diego, I was so relieved that I did not need 4 root canals , extractions and crowns that she said were needed. Save yourself don't go here!!! I worked in San Diego as a Registered Dental Assistant for over 8 years and 12 years in the dental field.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

i love her, she is so knowledgeable and helpful, she truly cares for her patients, i would never go anywhere else, plus her office is beautiful!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010