Ratings for Dr. Sarah B. Florio

First time coming in to for a well exam for the year and I asked her medical assistant about some things regarding Florio since she was new to me just like I was a new patient. And her nurse said she really liked her and I asked about how knowledgeable and she gave an answer pretty generic but I could see it was not one she could answer when I look back now. You only know what your know through experience you have and she could not speak of anything in particular. But she did say one thing that stuck for the 2 years I was there before finally leaving. She said the Dr. Florio does not like to take on patients with too many conditions or problems wrong with them. I said why is that? Again, no answer, to satisfy me but that stuck and I wished I had spent a lil more time looking for a doctor before I chose her. In the 2 years I saw her up until the last couple months of our patient/doctor relationship I only had to see her 3 times. Nothing significant either. But, I started going through some stuff and not feeling good. To shorten this up, one day in following up with her after tests, she said me "everyone has pain and labs are not always perfect. I have no idea what to tell you but that you just are fine and need to live with the pain you say your in.". She ran basic of basic labs and did 1 x ray. She did not offer to send me to any specialists and I asked and she said not needed. I felt low and crazy in my head. I eventually chased down specialists myself and they ordered all of their tests. It turns out that I had ovarian cancer, polycystic liver disease, and a benign tumor on my spine. I would not put your faith in this doctor. if I just took it from her then I would not be living today. I told her I was having abdominal pain and turning yellow. She did not think my condition was real enough and severe and would not give any pain relief saying, my condition is not enough to warrant anything. I was in surgery a few months later needless to say and now recovering from chemo, trying not to damage my liver any further. Her nurse is awful also. Never returns call back and if she does do something with your message then she messes it all up. Took 3 weeks to get the medicine that I needed to have a prior authorization from the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I find Dr. Florio interested in what I have to say and very caring.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

This doctor couldn't seem to find solutions to solve my medical issues. Nor did she refer me to any specialist who might be able to. Due to illness, I had to reschedule a few times and she dropped me as a patient without notice or checking on me to see if I was ok. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Sarah B. Florio's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

GHI