Ratings for Dr. Peter B. Ojo

Dr Ojo performed emergency surgery on me in September 2016 and a follow-up surgery in December 2016. He accurately diagnosed my condition and informed me of what he could do to help my situation. He is very knowledgeable as a general surgeon. I have had no complications with either surgery that he performed and i highly recommend him to anyone in need of an EXCELLENT general surgeon. There were no surprises because he explained everything so well ahead of time so i knew what to expect from both surgeries. Thank You, Dr, Ojo for the excellent care!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

My Father had emergency surgery for a ruptured colon in February of 2013. Unfortunately Dr. Ojo was the surgeon on call. While the surgery was initially successful, that was really the only good thing I could say about Dr. Ojo. We were coming in from out of town and Dr. Ojo would not meet with us for over 24 hours and did his best to come at times (very early or very late) so that he would not catch us. Finally we had to contact hospital administration to force a meeting with him. During the meeting with administration before I could ask my first question Dr. Ojo insisted on knowing why I contacted administration. As stated by others his bedside manner was horrible and condescending. We finally requested another physician group and after that time received appropriate care. Unfortunately my Father did pass away due to complications, while this may have been inevitable regardless of the surgery, but no one should have to suffer the abuse that we did from Dr. Ojo as my Father was dying. I would not recommend Dr. Ojo to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

When we had questions, he didn't answer them. He avoided conversation and has terrible bed-side manner!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

It was a struggle to work with Dr. Ojo. Beyond the typical surgeon arrogance, he was condescending, impatient and unwilling to discuss my mother's case in any detail. I have filed an official complaint with the hospital and urge others to do likewise.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Poor bedside manner. Poor follow-up care. Not knowledgeable about surgical situations and leaves patient to fend for themselves.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011