Ratings for Dr. James J. Lee

This doctor does not know how to treat patient with good manner. As it was my first time visit here, I tried to explain my symptoms briefly, but he cut-offed my words. I felt uncomfortable. His diagonosis was incorrect. So I had to see another ENT.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Have been seeing Dr Lee for yrs. He has taken good care of me......

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I had a burst artery in my nose. I got a list of approved OC doctors from my insurance and not one of them would see me for weeks even though I explained I was bleeding profusely for hours at a time. Without exception, they were snotty and annoyed that I was even asking for immediate assistance. My cardiologist recommended Dr Lee and he took me immediately. After other facilities gave me useless cauterizations, an ambulance ride to a lousy hospital, Dr. Lee took one look, recognized what it was and lasered it closed. I followed his instructions and it healed beautifully. His cost was minimal but I'll be paying for the other bills for a year for absolutely nothing. He has a military background so if you're looking for phony OC doctors he's not for you. He took all the time I needed explaining everything in brief but full detail. His staff was wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about them. Don't expect fluff just good, reasonable, timely assistance

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Lee knowingly held up needed heart bypass surgery for over three months by claiming I had a Thornwald cyst that was infected. I saw him three times,and each time he performed a scoping procedure and gave me a shot of antibiotics, then prescribed oral antibiotics. Each time I saw him he told me my condition was serious, and I would need surgery. He ordered a CAT scan in preparation for the surgery, and I took this for a second opinion. I learned the scan showed there was no cyst and no infection. I originally went to Dr. Lee to treat nosebleeds, which he blamed on the bogus "infected cyst". I later learned that such an infection would not have caused nosebleeds, even if there really was an infection. With each visit, I was asked to pay up front for the scoping and shots. I was told my insurance did not cover these procedures. When the doctor realized I was going for second opinion, they gave me a check for $425, which I'm sure they collected from my insurance company.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Horrible experience! Not sure why St. Jude Hertigage has him on their list of doctors. Can't seem to get the right diagnosis and acts like his patients are bothering him at their appts. Go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

My child has a primary immunodeficiency, so when she has an infection it is more difficult but more urgent to treat, and he understood this. He would scope her, give her antibiotics, yet, when she wasn't responding to the antibiotics, I asked him to please culture the bacteria. He said it's a broad spectrum antibiotic, no need. After 3 months, I had decided to go elsewhere, but, to my shock, he gave us a 3 month renewal for her prescription and said he didn't know what more to do, we needed an immunologist. Well, it took another ENT and two immunologists before we were blessed with her present doctor, who cultured her. Turns out she had a staph infection, suffered with it for 9 months, and the antibiotic Dr. Lee kept giving her is resistant to staph. If he had cultured he as I had asked, he could have saved her 9 months of suffering, lost school, social life, work, etc, etc. I am thankful that is all she lost - it could have ended much worse. Love our NEW doctor.

Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Lee has the one of the worst bedside manners I've come across as a patient and a physician myself. I would advise you to find another doctor if feasible.

Submitted March 29, 2012

I had sinus surgery last year, which I am still paying off and which was also unsuccessful. My first visit he claimed that he did not believe in the new balloon procedure and that it was too new for him. I agreed and felt that I trusted him. On my pre-op day, he told me that he wanted to do this procedure on me. I asked him why, when he didn't believe in this, and he floated around the question. I also had to ask him how many times he had done this procedure before he would tell me that this was his first time doing it! He said I could tell him last minute before surgery if I wanted the traditional method and I did this and he said that I was over-analyzing things and made me feel like I was frustrating him (This was minutes before surgery!!) Horrible experience. Scar tissue in sinuses and need another surgery. Still get headaches daily on top of scar tissue area. Thanks for the bill that was a few grand.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Very hurried, and didn't really seem to care or listen to my symptoms. Spent about 7 minutes with me in all. I was prepped for a nasal cavity "examination" BEFORE explaining to me why or what was going to happen or how much it was going to cost. A scope was shoved up my nose just to tell me that, yes, I had scar tissue from a previous surgery. I already knew this. That is why I came to see the doctor. At the end of my visit, I was instructed to pay $130 for the "examination" that gave me no answers. They refused to bill me or set up payment plans. I had already paid my $30 copay. 2 weeks later, I received a bill for $16.57 and no one could tell me what it was for. On top of everything, they tried to contact me for two weeks to schedule an allergy test. Very unprofessional, rude, and not helpful. Save you money and don't waste your time with this guy.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. James J. Lee's Credentials

• Korean

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1990)

GHI