Ratings for Dr. Gerald W. Newman

Dr. Newman was able identify skin issues and treat properly that others were not...I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I saw Dr. Newman today. This was the second time he treated me. I found him to be professional, knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable in understanding my medical issue. His staff is friendly and courteous. I sure do not understand the other reviews at all. Both of my experiences with Dr. Newman have been great.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I would never recommend this place. Dr. newman is one of the worst doctors I’ve seen in my life. He is unprofessional, LAZY, and rude. Moreover, the wait time was unacceptable. Don’t ever go there!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

It was a little over 1 hour from my appt time until Dr newman walked in the room. that was after listening to the entire conversation that he had with the 2 prior patients from their exam rooms while i was sitting in my exam room waiting. the only time the md closes the door is when you take off your clothes. after my exam, i had to remind him twice that i was there for a check on a post-op skin cancer site. he squinted at it in the hall and said- ah- looks fine. while doing a mole check, he didn't even ask me to stand up so he could check the back of my legs! the previous writer is correct- there are blatant HIPPA violations. i could easily read patient names on papers and charts at the front desk and they used patient names in discussions.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

There is little to no patient confidentiality in this office. On most of my visits there while waiting in the waiting area, I could clearly hear (as I'm sure did all others in the waiting room) Dr. Newman and/or his assistants speaking to a patient regarding their condition and/or giving care instructions while they were in the first exam room to the right of the waiting room. In addition to this poor practice, Dr. Newman's fees billed to my insurance company are substantially higher than that of any other dermatologist that I have visited for the exact same procedure.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2006

I had a 2:00 p.m. appointment for which I had to cut out of work early. I am an hourly employee, so every hour I'm not at work, it costs me. I showed up at 1:45, and had to fill out no paperwork. Dr. Newman finally saw me at 4:05 p.m. after standing out in the hallway several times with his staff discussing community events for minutes. His total time with me, after waiting in a room for 25 minutes, was 2 minutes in which he seemed rushed. He left, I waited another 15 minutes for a nurse, and then was shown the door. I left at 5:20 p.m. and spent nearly 3 and a half hours there for a 2 minute procedure. I'm done with Dr. Newman. At a restaurant, when I get poor customer service, I leave a poor tip. With Dr. Newman, my only recourse is to never return.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2006

Dr. Gerald W. Newman's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1978)

MAMSI