Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Mitchell

I would not recommend this doctor. She is very upfront, but not even in a comforting way that doctors should be. She makes me feel low about myself, does not support me, makes like my medical problems are all my fault. Instead of trying to help me and give me options of what I can do, she just blames me.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Mitchell approached my particular issue from the viewpoint of my symptoms and not just the lab tests and she got results where my former doctor did not. Her staff are "local" and not super clinical, but things run well and they are caring. The facility needs renovation; I hope they move sometime soon. I thought she was a bit formal, even cold at first, but over the long series of office visits, she has warmed up considerably. I really like and value her as my primary care doc!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Very poor experience overall. Facility smells. Staff is not welcoming (just ignore you). Wait time for an appointment was over 3 weeks each time. Never got seen on time. Doctor doesn't listen you, interrupts you, just wants to give you drugs even if you don't want them (wonder why?). Doctor is not clear. Doctor doesn't seem too concerned about patient.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Not a lot of option on the island, but it is an option.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Mitchell is very thorough. We are lucky to have young doctors that know what they are doing in Hilo.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Dr. Michelle A. Mitchell's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Top Hospitals in Hilo, HI