Ratings for Dr. David J. Gerlach

I had a severe hand issue that multiple doctors could not fix. Dr. Gerlach did an incredible job. Dr. Gerlach has also seen my kids (qty-2), and he is worth driving to!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Another surgeon had completely ruined my right hand, claimed physical therapy would fix it and didn't want to see me again. My physical therapist told me I needed surgery and referred me to Dr. Gerlach. He made my hand as good as new. My range of motion is back to 100% and I have almost no pain now. I cannot thank him enough for fixing my hand.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Seen Dr. Gerlach with my cyst on hand/thumb area. I will be having surgery for carpal tunnel also. He will take care of everything at one time. Very straight and to the point. Didn't sugar coat anything. That's what I like! Excellent doctor and the staff was awesome also. Dr. G and nurse answered all my questions to put me as ease for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Gerlach for over 5 years. He has always been kind, responsive, friendly, and informative. He treated my thumb arthritis and after the steroid injections no longer worked, he replaced both thumbs!! Better than new!! I'm so happy to be pain-free in the summer!! Thanks Dr G!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Gerlach helped to cure my hand numbness and restored my function after another doctor made it worse! He is the best hand surgeon in the Twin Cities and I would recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

He is only in it for the money. Does not do adequate testing to diagnose, goes straight to surgery and expects everyone to heal the same and does not respond to issues post surgery. Please get a second opinion before letting him do anything to you

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Gerlach is an excellent orthopedic surgeon and his staff are as helpful as any other I've had experience with. I had a work injury and was worried about this affecting my career moving forward, but he answered all of the questions I had about my surgery and put my wife and I at ease. The surgery went well and post-op was very clear and easy to follow along with. His hand therapist works with him in clinic so I was able to do all of the post-op therapy with the same person. Now I'm back to work and could not be happier that I ended up in Dr. Gerlach's care. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Gerlach and his staff are the greatest! I came to Dr. Gerlach with pins and external fixation on my arm -- too complex for our local Ortho surgeon. Dr. Gerlach operated late that night to fix my broken wrist. It's been a only a couple months and the wrist is almost back to normal. Thank you Dr. G!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

My surgery went fine but had issues a few weeks later that they didn't feel they needed to deal with. Now after seeing another professional and having extensive testing done on my "fixed" hand I am told it's possible I have nerve damage and maybe didn't need that surgery in the first place. Now I am in more pain than before surgery and am told therapy alone could be up to a year to be helpful. Do your research and get a second opinion. He definitely prefers the surgical room to any face to face encounters in which he needs to speak with you unless you're praising him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. David J. Gerlach

Dr. David J. Gerlach's response
We are sorry to learn about the experience you feel you have had. We were not aware of your issue until now. If you would like to discuss your symptoms further, your experience in specific detail, or schedule a consultation with Dr. Gerlach, please contact our office directly at 763-441-0298. We would be happy to help understand and address your concerns.

Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Gerlach fixed my tendon in my thumb and now it works again! Two other surgeons said they couldn't do it because it was so complex... He was calm and confident from the start. Staff was excellent and the therapy I received was great. I have had an awesome outcome! Thanks Dr. G

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. David J. Gerlach's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David J. Gerlach, MD, a Minnesota native, is a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon. He specializes in conditions of the hand and upper extremities, as well as microsurgery and surgical conditions of the fingers, hand, wrist and forearm.

• English

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Oxford