Ratings for Dr. Rodney A. Radtke

I would never recommend this guy to ANYONE!!!!! He has no way of contact what so ever, you can try to get in contact in him through duke some how and he still will not contact you back! He is horrible! I don't see why he hasn't been investigated yet or has he? His secretary is the same! How do u have a secretary and she is always unavailable like you when it comes to patients that needs special care? I don't understand. He treat u cold heatedly as if your life doesn't matter. I get the impression that if I was on my death bed he would shrug his shoulders and say next! PLEASE DO NOT, DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! DO NOT!!! Never met someone like him and his P.A .

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I absolutely adore Dr. Radtke. He is an excellent doctor with a great personality. He takes time with me. I had 2 brain surgeries and as a result can have the occasional grand mal seizure and he has never been anything but kind, understanding and very knowledgeable. I don't know what all of the sleep study stuff is about so I can't comment on that. I can only comment on my experiences with him. I plan on always using him as my neuro

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I came to Duke self referred after seeing another doctor in Greensboro with little results. I have Excesive Daytime Sleepiness and I believe Dr. Radtke truely understands what I'm going through. He has helped me tremendously and I look forward to seeing him with each visit. The only bad thing I can say is that his staff could use some improvement.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

I started going to Dr. Radtke several years ago for my severe epileptic problems. The first thing he wanted to do was put me into the hospital for 10 days to bring on seizures to study. I explained I have done that in the past and have no interest in it. I just need to have my levels monitored and suggest new medication if needed. He got upset because I would not participate in his study and have seizure activity thrust upon me. May be knowledgeable, but I left there feeling patients were secondary to his needs. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I used this guy for a sleep study and I would like to know what a guy whose specialty is basically epilepsy doing in charge of Duke's sleep disorders unit? Since the bulk of sleep study referrals are for suspected sleep disordered breathing (sleep apnea and its variants), it would make a lot more sense to have a pulmonary specialist in charge of the Duke sleep disorder's unit. Sleep apnea is classified as a pulmonary/respiratory disorder, while this guy is a neuro/epilepsy specialist. I realize many Neurologists are in the sleep medicine field, but they tend to focus on RLS/PLMD and things that are mostly neurological in nature such as narcolepsy. I think its a disservice to the citizens of North Carolina to have a Neuro guy whose specialty is epilepsy in charge of a unit that more or less is focused on sleep disordered breathing. Carolina's Medical Center in Charlotte, where they do things right, has pulmonary specialists in charge of their sleep study units.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Although I feel he is managing my epilepsy very well, I find him to be quite cold at times. He spends as much time as I need with him at each appt., but he lacks a sense of humor! Sometimes it takes him 3 or more days to respond to my email, which has proven to be the only way to get in touch with him if I''m having problems or have a question. His secretary never answers the phone--I''m always sent to voice mail when I call.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008

I was assured by his intake person that Dr. Radtke was very skilled with difficult cases. My son is epileptic and autistic. Dr. Radtke was extremely polite to my face, but stated to his nurse loudly enough for me to hear him through the door to not schedule a return apppointment. He is clearly not willing to deal with difficult cases or to even try to refer. This was a waste of time, energy and money.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

I had a sleep study at Duke sleep disorders clinic seven years ago. I was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea and Dr. Radtke signed off on my sleep study records, which I got copies of. My blood oxygen levels got down to 87% at times...below what is considered normal. I was suffering from severe clinical depression at the time, which had not responded adequately to high doses of antidepressants. I was not given CPAP treatment at Duke, I was merely told I "have mild OSA and its not severe enough to treat." Seven years later I have another sleep study, this time by a pulmonary doctor, and was diagosed with approximately the same severity of OSA...but this time treated with CPAP. The results have been spectacular...dramatic relief from severe depression for the first time in ten years and seven years after first being diagnosed with sleep apnea by Dr. Radtke. He should have initiated CPAP treatment for me back then, but he didnt and I suffered severely as a result.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Very,very excellent Doctor about seizures.Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2006

Dr. Rodney A. Radtke's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1980)