Ratings for Dr. Barbara J. Devine

So happy I switched to Devine Dental.They are the most caring, knowledgeable practice around. The office is modern and has the latest technology. I highly recommend them

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Devine and her son, Dr. DeFina are fantastic. Highly recommend their practice to anyone looking for excellent family dental care

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Devine is the best dentist. She has provided me with the most comprehensive care I have every received throughout my life. Love her office and all the high tech equipment. It is nice to see her son is following in her footsteps.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Devine only partly filled a cavity below gum line, and a few years later it enlarged. She then lied to cover her intentional sloppy work: said progression of cavity was due to an internal problem with a tooth that was causing the exterior decay, even though x ray and second opinion did not agree. The endodontist to whom she referred me said exactly what Devine said, BUT I saw an email on the endodontist's computer from devine, scripting exactly how the endodontist should tell the lie so that an unnecessary root canal could be done by the endodontist. I backed out, and had to call 10 dentists to find an honest one, who did a simple gum flap and filled the tooth perfectly with the newest, strongest material. That was 4 years ago, and the tooth is now in perfect condition without a root canal. Devine invents unnecessary root canals for a buddy, who, in return, provides business for devine and inflated ratings for devine. THE BEST THING FOR YOUR CHILDREN'S TEETH IS TO TAKE EXCELLENT CARE OF THEM AT HOME AND AVOID ALL DENTISTS. THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM IN THE USA WITH DENTAL CARE.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Devine is the best dentist. I had the most thorough dental exam I have ever had. She took the time to go over everything with me. I never felt rushed or like she was in a hurry to go on to her next patient. I was experiencing some tmj pain, clicking and headaches for some time and she suggested I try a night guard. I now wear a guard that has transformed my life. I am able to sleep much better and have gotten rid of the headaches, pain and clicking in my joint. Her staff is very helpful and the office is beautiful. I especially like watching the birds at the window feeders she has. I was happy to see all the modern equipment and digital x-rays. I am so happy I found such a caring, experienced dentist.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr Devine is fantastic! She is probably the most conscientious dentist that I've ever had. From the initial appointment, I knew I was in great hands. Her exams are beyond thorough. Instead of the five minute stop in from the dentist after a cleaning where a cursory exam is given, she has an entire appointment of dedicated doctor time. Exams include checking the health of my gums, teeth, jaw muscles, jaw joint and the relationship that the health of my mouth has on my body. She spent a lot of time following my exam explaining what treatment was necessary and made sure I understood everything before any treatment was started. She is truly a great healthcare provider and I feel lucky that she is my dentist.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I had a very poor experience with Dr. Devine. After only having had 2 cavities up until the age of 40, I went to see her after I moved to town and admittedly hadn't been to a dentist in 2.5 years. She immediately diagnosed me with 3 cavities that needed to be filled. Two cavities were filled and then a third. I subsequently went to the office for regular cleanings and suddenly, I NEVER saw the dentist - only assistants. No dentist available to see me or check up on me. I asked who would read the films - the hygienist said she would! After 12 months of this I realized by the next appointment it would now be 18 months of not seeing a dentist and said "enough." I switched to a new dentist who thinks - or thought - quite highly of Dr. Devine. Without having received the films, the new dentist warned that one of my fillings was loose and I needed to fix it. Lo and behold, it broke 3 weeks later. She was surprised to look at the xrays and realize it was one of the fillings Dr. Devine had done. On top of it all, she found that under the filling wasn't cleaned well and there was a bit of decay that should have been cleaned more thoroughly before being filled. Moreover, when she looked at the original films from before Dr. Devine did the filling, she thought the original tooth looked "fine" and said she would NOT have filled it 2 years prior! I strongly recommend against Dr. Devine. I've never had a bad experience with a dentist until this one, and I hope readers read this opinion and understand the risk.

Submitted September 24, 2014

Best Doctors/ Best Dentists is based entirely on peer reviews of dentists, and is not a neutral review in that regard. However, Dr. Devine's credentials are extensive beyond top dentists and she knows a lot. Very opinionated about treatment, and a good match for many patients. Waiting room is never full, never have to wait. She has a full staff and a modern office that she maintains in GREENWICH, CT. Orientated towards prevention.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

This dental office is run beautifully. ALL the staff is as competent, gracious, and helpful as the doctor herself. I have a life threatening health condition and decisions about what to do regarding my gums and teeth are very complex. This is the first dentist who I trust to give me all the information that I need to confidently make the decisions that are best for me. It is a pleasure to come to this office because I am treated so well.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Beautiful office, modern, clean. Friendly secretaries and assistants. Up to date on latest advances in dentistry and knowledgable about various options, in greater depth than most dentists. Dentists coordinate with other specialists and follow up very closely with patients to prevent mistakes by specialists and ensure progress. Dentists always available at every visit and review records from specialists. show genuine interest. Emphasis on patient education and prevention. Dr. Devine and her diligent colleagues have a success rate of preventing tooth loss in their patients until they are at least into their 70's and 80's. They have never lost a tooth of any patient in the 25-50 year old range. The best interests of patients are the only interests they consider.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010