Ratings for Dr. Philip Heyman

To start, the doctor appointment was scheduled for 12:30pm, I was there ten minutes early for the filings of the paperwork ect... Waited in Dr Heymans office for just under an hour (55 minutes) when he finally comes rushing in for the first time, clearly in a hurry. Great start. He asked what problem I was having, I explained, sever dog bite to wrist with possible tendon damage, that this happened one week ago and my main doctor told me I NEED to see a hand specialist. Should have done my research on this doctor before hand. After the one hour wait in his personal office and my explanation of the situation, with in two minutes of our interaction he stands up says "you're fine, wait a week and come back " as he's walking out the door, no joke or exaggerations. I was in a bit of shock with his diagnosis as he never looked at my wrist, didn't touch poke or prod, and asked me very very little about how it feels and what is actually going on with it. Two minutes later I'm actually stopping him in the hallway as he is leaving asking what the next step I should take is (mri, medication, and simply what he might think the reason I'm in excruciating pain might be) because he told me only to come back in a week if it still hurts. It had been one week since the bite, with swelling, tingling pain and movement getting worse, I had just paid $250 for this consultation resulting with me waiting for an hour only to have a 5 minute convo in passing that I just have to wait through the pain for another week to come back and spend yet another $250 for him to tell me, well, nothing I would imagine. IT GETS WORSE! As he is trying to leave after our two minute interaction I asked what I can do if anything for the pain in the meantime while I wait for my wrist to magically heal... That's when he became even more rude (which I thought he already topped that scale). He actually threw his arms up and mumbled something along the lines of, fine you don't need anything but fine, he was clearly unhappy. So I reluctantly thanked him and asked some info on what he was going to be prescribing me... I'll tell you one thing is pretty clear with this guy, he becomes very agitated when he might have to explain something /anything. In a very rude and short tone he told me it will help with the swelling which in turn will help with the pain, he then walked off and that was the last of my nightmare visit "Dr Heyman". Turns out the medication he prescribed me was EXTREMELY bad for me and my body in many ways. I became very ill within 24 hours of taking his recommended medication because he failed to ask me anything about me and my medical history. It also turned out that what he prescribed me is a delayed release and takes one to two weeks to even start helping with the pain! When I found this out, it really seemed like a this guy purposely prescribed me something that was not going to help with pain. Long story short, it was a very wrong med for me, made me very ill and all could have been avoided if Dr. Heyman asked me a few simple questions, questions like "are you allergic to anything" and "have your had ulsers before", pretty standard stuff that could have cost me my life. Aside from being inadequate at his job, he is very rude, clearly unwilling to help, has a bad attitude and will make you feel uncomfortable!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

Dr. Heyman was rude, arrogant, condescending, impatient and accused me of wanting to get out of work by having him write ltr to my employer which was not why I was there. I brought x-ray from urgent care and Heyman missed a fracture and told me I could go to work. I am a grocery cashier and use my hands a lot and was in constant pain and just wanted to know what was wrong with my hand. After Heyman I saw 2 more hand docs both of whom agreed my finger was fractured and showed fracture to me on x-ray. Worst experience with a dr. in my life and would never recommend him. His treatment of me bordered on negligence.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Words cannot do justice to the horrible experience I just had with Dr Heyman. Rude, condescending, belittling, unprofessional are just a few yet very accurate words I have to describe him. If you dont have a diagnosis or recommendation for a patient it's ok to tell them that and make suggestions about how to proceed. It's another to be rude, make snarky comments, then storm out of the office, and leave the patient in tears. It's a true shame that this man is practicing medicine. Do not waste your time with this nasty creature (can't even call him a man after what I just experienced).

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr Heyman was the rudest Dr I have ever met. I do not recommend seeing himat all we left after being treated so badly and found a much more comforting and correct Dr who was willing to listen to us . Worst bed side manner ever !!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

We discussed a phased approach to treatment of my hand injury, which I chose to do. Dr. Heyman welcomed my questions. I was direct and he was as well, which I liked. Several months later I returned and underwent outpatient surgery. From start to finish, the care I received was first-class. Dr. Heyman is a skillful surgeon and I recemmend him. Equally important, the team of anesthesiologist (Bruce Brookens, MD), nurses and support staff are competent and compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I waited for a full hour while I overheard him on a personal call in his office. When he finally came in, he did not even acknowledge his lateness. He was cold as ice. After telling me that I did not have a fracture, he offered no other useful info re: my hand injury. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Very brash during conversations and did not have good bedside manners. I have never left a doctors office feeling so low in my life.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2007

He did a great job operating on both my thumbs, releasing trigger thumbs! I healed fast, with no complications, and no scarring.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2006

Dr. Philip Heyman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1985)

GHI