Ratings for Dr. Philip Heyman

Dr. Heyman was rude, arrogant, condescending, impatient and accused me of wanting to get out of work by having him write ltr to my employer which was not why I was there. I brought x-ray from urgent care and Heyman missed a fracture and told me I could go to work. I am a grocery cashier and use my hands a lot and was in constant pain and just wanted to know what was wrong with my hand. After Heyman I saw 2 more hand docs both of whom agreed my finger was fractured and showed fracture to me on x-ray. Worst experience with a dr. in my life and would never recommend him. His treatment of me bordered on negligence.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Words cannot do justice to the horrible experience I just had with Dr Heyman. Rude, condescending, belittling, unprofessional are just a few yet very accurate words I have to describe him. If you dont have a diagnosis or recommendation for a patient it's ok to tell them that and make suggestions about how to proceed. It's another to be rude, make snarky comments, then storm out of the office, and leave the patient in tears. It's a true shame that this man is practicing medicine. Do not waste your time with this nasty creature (can't even call him a man after what I just experienced).

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr Heyman was the rudest Dr I have ever met. I do not recommend seeing himat all we left after being treated so badly and found a much more comforting and correct Dr who was willing to listen to us . Worst bed side manner ever !!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

We discussed a phased approach to treatment of my hand injury, which I chose to do. Dr. Heyman welcomed my questions. I was direct and he was as well, which I liked. Several months later I returned and underwent outpatient surgery. From start to finish, the care I received was first-class. Dr. Heyman is a skillful surgeon and I recemmend him. Equally important, the team of anesthesiologist (Bruce Brookens, MD), nurses and support staff are competent and compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I waited for a full hour while I overheard him on a personal call in his office. When he finally came in, he did not even acknowledge his lateness. He was cold as ice. After telling me that I did not have a fracture, he offered no other useful info re: my hand injury. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Very brash during conversations and did not have good bedside manners. I have never left a doctors office feeling so low in my life.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2007

He did a great job operating on both my thumbs, releasing trigger thumbs! I healed fast, with no complications, and no scarring.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2006

Dr. Philip Heyman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Illinois