Ratings for Dr. Vicheth Thay

I went in yesterday and was told I needed a crown and I agree with that assessment. My issues with the Insurance aspect of the business. I was quoted $345 for the crown. I checked with my insurance today after calling the dentist and getting the procedure code from them. My co-pay is only $170, NOT $345. I called the office back and was told the $175 difference was a "lab fee". I then called insurance back and the lady on the phone was in shock! Her comment was "Oh, no they didn't charge that". I told her that I had not had the work done yet. She advised me to have them get a pre-authorization and then have them call in so they could advise them of the agreement. She said if they still want to charge me the "lab fee" she would switch me to a different dentist immediately, waiving the guidelines of it being effective the 1st of the following month. Please ask for the procedure codes and verify the co-pay amount with your insurance company.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011