Ratings for Dr. Rashmi Tomar

Wait time is a bit long, however, she is very thorough with her exams.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I was having some problems and Dr. Tomar listened to everything I had to say and gave me sound advice and options. She was very professional and personable. I am now much better and cannot thank her enough.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Like other reviewers, I found Dr Tomar to be abrupt, condescending, and unwilling to discuss any symptoms. She made it clear that she was not interested in helping me and I left feeling completely discouraged. I was referred to her because my PCP thought it was appropriate for her to look into my health problems. But Dr Tomar made it clear that would be a waste of her time. One of the absolute rudest doctors I have ever met with. OK, actually, she was just plain mean. I was following my PCP guidance and she treated me like a nuisance. ?!?!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Very thorough. Personable. Answers any questions I may have with in a professional relaxed manner. I'd recommend Dr. Tomar highly to anyone needing a top endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I am a nursing student. Because of my interest in working with the Diabetic population, I requested permission to shadow Dr. Rashmi Tomar as she cared for her patients. She kindly granted my request. I shadowed her as she cared for her patients every Wednesday for 8 weeks. She was very thorough with all her clients, and I learned a great deal from her. She was always professional, kind and pleasant. She was sensitive to answer all questions, and she was flexible enough to work with clients individually to help them reach their goals for managing their disease. I only saw one kind of behavior in all the hours I spent with her. Whether she was interacting with staff, advocating for her patients on the phone with a pharmacy, or with an insurance provider, or working directly with a patient, she was always very professional. She provides excellent patient care. It was with respect and compassion that she, on a few occasions, had to explain to a patient that the medical condition they thought they had, was not the case at all. This is high quality patient care. She always took time to answer questions. Her behavior was always very professional. As a nursing student, I have learned that there are many conditions that cause similar symptoms to a thyroid condition, anything from a vitamin deficiency, another autoimmune disease, or even cancer and many other conditions. I watched Dr. Tomar as she looked carefully at the clinical condition of the patients as well as the laboratory tests. She was always very thorough and professional. Beyond the appointment time that she spent with patients, she made many phone calls to her clients to discuss issues personally. She was very accessible. It is true that I have never been her patient, however, I hope my unique experience may be of some value to the readers of this site. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Tomar has helped me to control my type 2 diabetes. She is always available to hear my concerns and answer my questions. I am blessed to have her as my physician.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Tomar is an excellent endocrinologist, she has educated me and prescribed a personal formular to keep my type 2 diabeties in an exceptable range, she shows great care and patience with me in answering all of my questions, I am fortunate she is my doctor, and I am more than satisfied as her patient.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

DR. RASMI TOMAR IS A GREAT ENDOCRINOLOGIST. I HAVE TYPE 1 DIABETES. MY SUGARS WERE CONSTANTLY OUT OF WACK,SHE SAT DOWN WITH ME, EXPLAINED WHAT TYPE 1 DIABETES IS, SHOWED ME THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO TAKE. SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH HER,MY SUGARS ARE IN CONTROL,CHECKS MY THYROID,ONCE A YEAR. SHE HAS MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE.SHE LISTENS, ALOT OF DOCTORS DON'T. SHE IS A LADY WITH DIGITY

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I am absolutely pleased with Dr. R. Tomar. I am Type 1 diabetic (30 years) and with Dr. Tomar for four years. Her strength is listening to my issues, asking appropriate questions, providing both explanations for decisions, being knowledgeable of treatment options, and providing specific instructions. I take control of my care and this has worked well with Dr. Tomar. My strongest recommendation has been the responsiveness both of Dr. Tomar and her office staff when I needed support outside of my appointment. For the basics of making or changing appointments, needing help with prescription, and when I had a specific question, the staff responded quickly and accurately to my request. For a specific example, I had a question when my insurance company changed the insulin that was covered. I called and I was promptly transferred to Dr. Tomar. We walked through the details of my history and came to a decision of how to move forward. At the next appointment, she had this noted and we reviewed the consequences of the decision. Lastly, I see Dr. Tomar and her husband leading their practice to keep it up-to-date with communication options using on-line options.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Very rude! Said only TSH levels should be checked nothing else mattered. Will not be going back.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015